Monday, April 21, 2008

Ready for the pool


How cute is Jenna all ready for the pool? I could not resist those little sandals at Target ($4!), and I truly think they complete the outfit. We went over to the Clements Center Pool on Thursday hoping that the heated water would be warm enough for Jenna. She loved it! She would kick and kick and kick. I finally had to bundle her up to warm her, but cannot wait for a summer filled with fun pool days (hopefully at Auntie Brooke's house :). David and I were both amazed by the swim diapers. Does anyone know how they soak up pee and not the pool water? It is a mystery to these first timers...

3 comments:

Reina said...

So cute! I am not sure if the swim diaper work because if you leave them in them they leak.

Susan said...

Hooray for water-loving babies! I hate to break it to you, but really, swim diapers don't soak up... #1 very much. They're mostly there to catch #2 from getting in the pool! Reina is right, if they happen to go #1 while in a swim diaper and they're not in the pool, then your lap (or their car seat) gets soaked. Gross huh? Thank goodness for chlorine! And always bring a regular diaper to change them into after swimming for the ride home! (yes, spoken from experience:)

our little family said...

My experience is the same as everyone else. I took Logan to swim lessons this morning in his swim diaper and when we got to the pool his bottom was soaking wet. Guess I won't be doing that again! Jenna looks so cute in her little swim outfit. Don't you just love Target?