This is Samantha Grace. I have know this little girl since she was two, and I cannot believe she is nearly eight years old! The picture to the right was taken at a castle in Switzerland where I was blessed enough to get to travel with the Romo's the summer of 2006, just 8 weeks before Dave and I got married. I don't have digital pictures of her when she was smaller (at least not at my fingertips on this computer) - but I do have a scrapbook filled with photos of her and her brother Max and big sister Ryan. Sami will always hold a special place in my heart.
You might need to click on this picture to the left to really see what I was trying to capture. That is my laptop with post-it notes stuck to it. On the remaining 6 notes, of what I believe was originally closer to a dozen, Sami wrote "I Love you very much Heather" and then signed her name. Every note says the same thing. She stuck those on my laptop in the weeks following our Europe trip when I lived at her house before getting married. That was nearly 2 years ago.
Yesterday was Sami's first communioun. Because I am not even a little bit Catholic, I will try to explain what that is in Mormon talk. The year that children turn eight (sound familiar?) they take classes in preparation for taking the sacrament for the first time. Sami has always taken religion very serious, so she was excited about this special day. And boy w
as it a day! After mass, there was a huge party at the Romo's. When I say big party- I mean BIG party. We are talking trays and trays of delicious catered Mexican food, A Dairy Queen wagon stuffed with Dilly Bars and frozen treats (minus the three or four that David and I ate), a mariachi band, and open bar, a princess jumping castle, face painters, and a magician that was performing at the beginning of the fourth hour as we were leaving. (I also think the DJ was driving up just as we walked out too.)Serious. This is partying "Romo Style", and I love all the excitement. Sami was missing her two front teeth, but she still bounced around the house sporting her famous ponytail. She was no less than the most social butterfly, talking and thanking all her guests. I love this kid. She was not the first little girl that I dressed up and styled her hair, but she was the one that I had for the longest. I saw Samantha nearly everyday for three years. We spent our summers together- traveling to Malibu, Rocky Point and of course New York City. So this is my tribute to Samantha. My smart little dancing super-star! She will go many places in this life with her love for learning and bubbly personality. I love you very much Sami Grace Romo! -Heather
2 comments:
Hey Heather! I just found your site through someone else's today. How are you? You guys are cute! We have a blog now and I'd love to send you an invite...what's your email address?
Ooops...here's my email: nursingroxs@yahoo.com
Post a Comment