
Our nephew Randy chose to be baptized this past weekend while his family was visiting from Houston. I was super excited to make a cake. All my ideas were for girlie cakes, so I had to get creative. His favorite colors are purple and red and I saw these colorful cereal straws at Fry's (part of the buy 10, get $5 off) so I used them as my inspiration. It was a hit! 3 layers, yellow-chocolate-yellow, with vanilla pudding filling made for a big cake! It was the first cake to be made in our new kitchen, and I truly appreciated the extra space. It was a fun Saturday, but we all noticed those that were missing because they moved away since the last family baptism- Memphis is a lucky place!
(we all miss you Susan, Dave and Caroline!)
5 comments:
So pretty, you should make me a cake!!
You are sooo creative...I seriously need to take lessons from you. :)
The cake is cute! My kids love those cereal straws. The chocolate ones are pretty good
That cake is awesome! I can tell by the look on his face that he loved it. In years to come, when your nieces and nephews tell their kids of the day they got baptised, they will always mention their Aunt Heather and the custom cake she made them for their special day! How sweet!
When Randy told you that his favorite colors were red and purple, I wondered how you would pull that off. That color combination isn't known for going well together. I should never have doubted because it was a beautiful cake. Thanks so much for making it for him.
Post a Comment