Thursday, December 11, 2008

progress

i made this wreath last year- it was nearly the extent of decorations at our apartment.
this year i added the garland (50 ft that i got at walmart in January for $1 on clearance) and the lights.




i hung our stockings- you've gotta love command adhesive hooks! i added different ribbon to each of our stockings and needle-pointed our names on them. yeah me!







here's the tree. lisa just made the bow for it yesterday... and jenna picked out the jingle bell ornaments (joann really didn't have many choices that were not glass). i don't know if you can see- but under the tree is the kids nativity scene. every afternoon i search the room for all the pieces and put it back together, and just out of jenna's reach (last night, she was so proud that she was able to reach the loan wiseman, and then put him in her mouth).






i am totally in love with my nativity set. i think i'm going to keep it up year around. that's allowed, right?








and here's the stockings hung with a shot of the fabric garland i made yesterday. i think it looks neat and you can see it from the sidewalk through our front window. dave's reaction to my craftiness was, 'i don't know what it is, but if you like it, it's good.' what a great husband. maybe he will get more than just that toothbrush in his stocking.




It's beginning to feel a lot more like Christmas! We've got a party this weekend, and two parties next weekend. It is also nice that the weather has really cooled off in the last week too. We finally turned on our heater. Poor Jenna was waking up with freezing hands!
Christmas pictures are waiting to be picked up at Costco and envelopes are ready to be addressed. The countdown continues...

6 comments:

Jim said...

I love what you have done, and yes the nativity can stay up as long as you want. All you need is outside lights!! Love, Mom

Karen Scott Welker said...

I want to know how to do the garland thing. I think it's cool. But I have to see it, to do it. I can't interpret instructions. Way to advanced for my crafty level.

Mommie Babekah said...

I have no idea how you did all that in just one day. That is amazing heather, you just need lights for over your garage and around your front door and window.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

the lights are around the front door with the garland- and that's probably all for this year. let's see if jenna can convince her dad for more next year.

The McLemore's said...

Crap the lights and garland is sooo cute, now I have to go find garland and put light up around the outside of the door. You have also given me a blog idea.....

Susan said...

Go Heather! I love your tree! Ours is pretty generic, so next year I'll do it better. Where did you get the child-safe nativity set? I've looked EVERYWHERE in town and can't find one!