Thursday, January 29, 2009

on top of spaghetti

all covered with cheese!
not really, but you get it, right?

rich loves coming over to play with auntie heather
and uncle dave (and now jenna).
he normally cries when it's time to leave.
last time he came over- i think just before christmas-
he asked if he could stay for spaghetti and meatballs.
i think it was the afternoon, and not really what his mom
and i had planned, so i promised to schedule a meatball
night soon. that made him not so sad for the moment.

(rebekah and i figured that that was one of the last meals
we had them over for, so that must have been the
first meal rich thought of to have at our house.)

last night was MEATBALL night!
i made my favorite baked meatballs, courtesy of Alton Brown.
they have always been a hit at our house, and it had been far too long
since we had indulged. yummy!
jenna and abby (not pictured) did okay with the pasta,
rich didn't really seem that concerned about what we ate, but all the
parents had full bellies when we were through.
we were glad rich was able to get
us together for a meal,
and maybe we won't wait as long
for another meatball night.

4 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

YUMMY!!! I'll have to try this soon. I'll have to triple it though, so I can freeze half.

The McLemore's said...

Rich is adorable! He makes me laugh with all the silly faces! I love that kid!!! you're like the best auntie!

Brooke said...

I LOVE your collage! did you do that in Picasa? Looks like a fun dinner and like Rich really enjoyed it

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Yes! Thanks for introducing me to Picasa Brooke- it's easy!