dave's grandma past away just last night, after spending the last few days in hospice. she would have been 83 tomorrow. one of the great things about funerals is that family gets to be together. dave's brother and wife flew in from germany the other day, bringing the youngest scott with them. tonight jenna and her sweet cousin steven (only 8 months old) were able to play together. jenna removed his binkie and tried to share hers. she seemed worried when he cried. she laid down next to him on the floor. she got super jealous when i held him in my lap. she pointed out his eyes, nose and ears for all of us and was very excited to rub his hair.
this is her first experience actually playing with a baby. i loved watching it, but it also made me just a little sad. her entire world is about to be completely changed- and she has no idea. i am sure that she will be fine, but will i be okay? i am excited and scared all at the same time for the unknown.
7 comments:
I remember having feelings like yours before my second was born. My biggest fear was that I would not be able to love another the same as I did my first. Things will just fall into place naturally, and you will find that all your feelings were real, but after baby is born, they flee away and you will just step right into life with two.
I know how you feel. I am feeling so many mixed emotions about having this second one. I know that everything will be OK but I still have so many worries. Yet at the same time I am excited so see what my baby is and what is looks like.
Cute! Glad that Jenna got to play with the baby. She'll be fantastic as a big sister. :)
I think Rich is still jealous of Abby. But, Jenna will love every minute of it. I want to see pictures of Jenna with her cousin.
Those pictures are adorable. Jenna will do great as a big sister. :)
I totally felt the same way. I couldn't understand how I could possible love another baby as much as I loved Ethan. I was afraid that I would totally favor Ethan and that I wouldn't have that connection with our new one, but somehow it happens. And I don't think you can understand that until it happens to you, but it will happen, you will have the same feelings that you had with Jenna. And Jenna will be ok. I was worried too about Ethan, but he is just fine. He loves his little sister and it is so fun to see them interact. Sorry about the novel!
Heather! Congrats on being 30 plus weeks. I love those pics of Jenna when she was small. How sweet. I'm so excited that your little family will be growing very soon. I think I'll feel just like you when we get prego again. I am definitely in love with my little guy. Hope you're feeling great!
Post a Comment