Wednesday, March 18, 2009

what was that?

jenna's vocabulary grows tremendously everyday, which i'm sure is pretty normal for a precociously verbal child. when i ask her questions, her common response is, 'uh huh', to which when i give her just the right look, she corrects herself and says, 'yes'. sometimes it's all in one, 'uh huh, yes, yessssss', in hopes of getting what she requests quicker.

dave and i went to dinner last night, and he was telling me all about his day at work. while david loves his job, he still has those days where he gets frustrated with all the going ons. he just finished telling me a story when he stopped and smiled. my curiosity was peeked-- during his last call, he was talking to a woman that was asking ridiculous questions. he was listening and waiting for her to finish, when she said, "you know, i have a very difficult time understanding you when you say 'uh huh'." dave said that he chuckled, and continued by answering her with 'yes'.

do you think jenna's rubbing off on us, or did she pick up this annoying habit from us?

6 comments:

The McLemore's said...

That is hilarious! She gets it from David!!!

The Wilker Family said...

Uh Huh!!


-Steve

The Wilker Family said...

Hey Heather, I was wondering if you'd be interested in coming to a jewelry party on Tuesday, March 31st at 6:30pm. It will be lots of fun to get out of the house, have some treats, and see some fun jewelry too. And don't feel obligated to buy anything. If you're interested just send me your address at amywilker@gmail.com so I can send you an invite. Oh, and bring a friend if you'd like.

John and Becky Bowler said...

That is too funny. :)

Karen Scott Welker said...

It was so good to see you and your little one in action. My oldest is 13, and I still have to remind him, "No uh-uh. It's 'yes, please' or 'no, thank-you.' Good luck with your battle!

Stephanie said...

That is really funny. Benjamin says stuff all the time that I have to think where in the world did he get that from then I realize it is something that I say all the time of Mike does. Benjamin says uh-hu too :)