Sunday, May 17, 2009

what a difference a good 2 hours makes

it's when 5 am hits that i think my patience are gone. adam and i had been up every 40 minutes to hour and a half since 10 pm. he is nursing like a champ, but doesn't like to lay down. most of the night i can jump right up, but when the clock is nearing 5 am, i just want to hide under the covers and cry. my body is just so tired and my brain is shot.

here when my handsome husband steps in. he took the sweet boy from my arms, and i was able to sleep until jenna called me at 7:30. miss jenna is still running a temperature, which sucks because she is just miserable- for the 4th day in a row!

i wonder how long it will take for this to feel normal? i already crave 2 hours of uninterupted sleep... maybe that's the first step.

7 comments:

The McLemore's said...

I'm sorry, I wish I was there to help, but I'm glad that David is doing such a good job and trying to help! I love you and I'm sure it will feel natural in no time ;)

sb said...

If you're like me, even if baby is sleeping, it's hard to get back to sleep in anticipation of them waking up soon. Natalie slept for 4 hours straight last night (a first), though we went to bed 2 hours into it, so I was sure she'd be up soon and it took me about 45 minutes to get to sleep. I'm still not sure I've gotten 2 hours uninterrupted. Good luck!

Sarah said...

I feel your pain, and am planning on being there late Friday night. Remember that this was the part you didn't like about babies? Luckily - they grow out of it. Jenna did! Soon enough you'll be prying him out of bed to go to school. One moment at a time. *Breathe*

Darin and Elaina said...

I too, feel your pain, it does hurt, but it will get better. Hang in there and one day you'll be sleeping more than you are now. Take advantage of anyone who can help...and rest. Let everything else take a backseat to you just taking care of you and baby Adam and Jenna too. You have a great support in your husband. You'll make it through!!

Karen Scott Welker said...

Everyone has said what I would say. Although it feels like it will never happen, they eventually will sleep through the night. Now, if I only could . . . .

Brooke said...

Hang in there, it's not too long before they can go much longer without eating because they grow so fast...and then you'll wonder where that tiny small body went! call me if I can help!

Adam and Samantha said...

Oh I remember that all too well, but he will probably start sleeping through the night in a few weeks just like Jenna, which is totally unfair, hang in there and let Dave do as much as he can while he is at home and get sleep whenever you can!!