Friday, August 28, 2009

we are bored!

okay, friends, help me out here---
from the hours of 8 am - 4 pm each weekday, we are bored.
jenna's been watching far too much tv and we all need
some help getting motivated to do activities.
we've been stuck in the
'we-have-a-new-baby-and-can't-do-anything'
midset, when really, young adam is very manageable.
it's still hot out during the day (high 90's), but cooler
temps are just around the corner. we signed miss jen up
for a parks and rec's course for 2 years olds,
but that's one morning a week, and doesn't start for a couple weeks.
library storytime starts up again next week- so that will help.

any and all suggestions
are appreciated to help us out of our slump.

thanks!

6 comments:

Leah said...

i have this problem too, but i am still in the phase where i need to force myself to stay home and rest. after that's over (and moving is out of the way -- yuck!), i am thinking about arranging a playgroup...the kind where i can sit down and interact with adults during playtime (novel, i know). move to phoenix!

Brooke said...

come over and hang out! We should set up something regular

The Wilker Family said...

Sorry, I am no help at all!! Preston and I don't do anything really exciting, just the normal baby time at the library and grocery store. I hate to just go to Target or mall because I'm too tempted to buy random stuff. I at least have my part time job now where I get out of the house a few hours a day and Preston gets to play with new toys and kids. Wish I could be more help!

If you every want someone to hang out with in the morning sometime, let me know! We're pretty close!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. Brayden and I go outside early in the morning before it get's to hot. I let him play with the hose, or we go swimming. I hear the library story times are fun, but haven't gone. We took Brayden to a new disney movie, G-force today and he actually made it through, plus he loves popcorn. We recently went to bounce u and he like that too. That's all I got for now.

Karen Scott Welker said...

Oh, to be bored. I'm so jealous. One day (soon), you will be so frantically busy you will long for those days of nothing. I remember them and desperately wanted "something" to do with all my little ones.

Everyone has already given great suggestions. I got nothing new. Sorry.

Savana said...

I am in the same boat. Only since it's just Madison still I really have nothing to do sometimes. She doesn't play well alone so unless I'm playing with her, she's watching movies (I feel like a bad mom!) On my good days we take a break from movies and do fun things like color, play with play-doh, sing songs, or just play with her toys that she ignores most of the time. Some things I don't do often, but should: bake something (little ones love to help, especially with things like sugar cookies where they can cut out the shapes!) or have craft time and make something fun with construction paper and glue (holiday things, cards for family, etc.) Hope this helps! (I should take my own advise, by the way!)