Wednesday, June 23, 2010

alternative to great clips

  {i wanted the post title to read GreatandmaClips, but live writer wouldn’t allow the strike through in the title. boo.} anyways… i got a coupon with sunday’s paper for $2 off hair cuts. my first thought was, ‘good, adam is needing a hair cut’ and then i noticed that a kids cut would still be $11 (sounds ridiculous when we are talking about a 13 month old)! so i talked to dave’s mom. and i kept talking and asking about maybe having her model for me how to cut young adam’s hair. she agreed and we headed over earlier today to put fine little-boy-hairs all over her floor. ;)

IMG_1172

don’t you love the expression on his face?! IMG_1173

   there was squirming and wiggling and weeping and wailing and one lollipop, but it looks great! IMG_1175

grandma is constantly shrugging off her skills, but i know she did way better than i could do. maybe next time i’ll try it alone and then call her in to help fix it.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

So jealous. I got the same coupon on Sunday and debating whether to use it or not. I don't dare cut Abigail's hair myself, but I don't want to pay 11 bucks either. I wish I had a mentor for hair cutting! And Adam's hair does look great. :)

Reina said...

I totally LOVE that 1st picture his face is too cute!! Bob goes to sports cuts and it's $10 I know it's kind of a lot but I don't dare buzz him like Jordan. He has good hair.

The Wilker Family said...

His hair looks so cute! We use clippers on Preston (Steve's sister had an extra set from beauty school). I'm not very good at it but thankfully his hair grows fast!

Mommie Babekah said...

Looks good. I told you I can teach you. I'll let you try on Rich first if you like he wiggles less. If I mess up I just cut shorter. It hot in AZ and they are boys so it's fine. Don't know what I'm going to do in Alaska when I have to leave him some hair.

Leah said...

Aww, he looks so cute! I need a Grandma who cuts hair! :/

The McLemore's said...

The face in the first picture is priceless! Love it!!!

Sarah said...

Good work, Grandma! She and I have the same high chair. He's adorable - hairy and hairless. :)