Wednesday, June 16, 2010

my health challenge

   i got an email last week to participate in a health challenge. i’ve never been a ‘diet-and-exercise’ girl, but i would like to be. the health challenge gives points for eating healthy, avoiding sugars, exercising 45 minutes each day, drinking 64 oz of water, and not eating after 8pm. we are to calculate and total our points each week, for 8 weeks, and the winner gets the pot -which includes $20 from each participant. not too tough for those that live a healthy lifestyle, but it’s just the right amount of challenge for me. we just bought a double jogging stroller, and the temperature outside just reached a wonderfully glorious 100 degrees. a great time to start exercising outdoors, right? not so much, but the double jogger makes it much better. i’ve been doing okay so far. it will be a 1000x easier once the cookies are no longer on my counter…but i do get one free day each week, so maybe i can just get all my sweet urges taken care of on that day. great idea.

   so wish me luck. the sugar thing is tough. oh how i wanted a bowl of fruity pebbles for breakfast yesterday. instead i shared my bowl of boring healthy cereal with adam. i really wanted a twix bar to kick off my 20 minutes of reading during nap time, but instead i grabbed an apple.

   do you think you could do it? i would have never thought i could, but i’m excited to see my progress. not necessarily in the weight loss arena, but i do strive for a healthier overall lifestyle.

5 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

The only time I've ever seriously paid attention to my weight loss and exercise was when I was "competing" with Jason. We had a target calorie level every day and I was bound to stick it out for longer than he did. I lost 10 lbs. Once the "competition" was over, my drive to keep track of all my calories was gone, and I've gained 5 lbs back. I think a challenge is a great way to go. Hope you win the bucks!

The Wilker Family said...

Wow, I've never heard of a challenge like that! That totally sounds like something that would work for me. I have a hard time with motivation and make a lot of excuses, not to mention I love all kinds of fatty and sugary foods!! Good luck!!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I might have to set another one up after this one is over. Most of the people involved are in Utah- it's all done over email. I'll remember you two when I get it together. :)

The McLemore's said...

I'd fail hard-core. My number one food group to eat from is the Chocolate and Sugar group. Good luck I hope you win lots of money as well and being more healthy!!!!

Savana said...

Sounds like Fun! Good luck, I want to know how it goes!