Wednesday, August 25, 2010

10 am this morning

just wanted to remember this exact moment…

setting:: kitchen,  costumes:: all still in pajama’s

adam’s on my right sitting on the counter, and jenna’s on the left. adam picks up the strawberries and hands them to me. i stem and slice them, and hand them to jenna to put in the colander. repeat about a dozen times. jenna asks to taste one every time i hand them to her. we squish them and taste them checking to see if we have the required 4 cups for the freezer jam recipe. it was a fun moment as their mom.

4 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I know it's nothing too special, but I didn't want to forget it.

Karen Scott Welker said...

I love it. Those "unspecial" times turn out to be the most special of all. Glad you to the time to write it down.

Brooke said...

It's definitely worth writing down a moment when little kids are actually helping instead of hindering a kitchen project :)

Lisa said...

Cute cute. I love it. I need to be better about writing down those moments. Maybe this will inspire me. :)