Friday, January 28, 2011

it’s nearly 8:30…

And my Princess is still sleeping.IMG_4962

Isn’t she just the cutest thing?? She climbed into bed next to me at 5 am, and insisted on sharing my pillow. She was soon rubbing my back to help me get back to sleep. Love her, even if it took me 30+ minutes to fall back to sleep with her curled up next to me.

_______________________________________________

Dave won tickets to the Super Bowl! And the next day, after a recount, those tickets were striped from him. Boo! In that one day, I had gotten pretty excited about spending a couple days in Arlington. Oh well. We did get an undisclosed amount of money for their mistake. With said money (in the form of gift cards) we’ve bought an Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt maker and have made some delicious concoctions. We also got a new handheld vacuum that really sucks. (he he)

_______________________________________________

Jenna still sleeps with a diaper/pull up on. What’s up with that? We tried panties one night, and her sheets were wet at 2am. Not fun for these parents. We took her to the potty like 3x’s before she fell asleep too. Advice?

_______________________________________________

I cut young Adam’s hair again. It actually looks good this time. Really. I need to get the scissors out and trim up around his ears, but it looks 1000x’s better than the last time I attempted to cut his hair. Poor boy. Hopefully, I’ll be a pro before he cares. The youTube tutorials make it look way easier than it really is…. just saying.

_______________________________________________

On book five of Brandon Mull’s Fablehaven Series. Oh my gosh- it’s intense. These last two books I just haven’t been able to read as fast as I hoped- just too much going on that I need a break from the action. If you haven’t read them yet, I recommend them: Fun fantasy/magic adventure.

_______________________________________________

Did you know that you are suppose to get new athletic shoes every 3-4 months? Apparently, that’s as long as they last. I learned this from the foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon who performed my surgery 6 years ago. I met with my doctors up in Phoenix earlier this week and got an all clear. Their advice was to wear better shoes with orthopedic inserts all the time. Not sure how that will work with church and all but… SOOOOO- if you see me with cute shoes on, yell at me! Say something sassy like, “Hope you enjoy your foot pain for the next few days”… one day I’ll learn that comfort trumps fashion, but I’m just not sure if I’m there yet.

_______________________________________________

One last thing… I got an email from Blog2Print yesterday and I actually acted on it. I converted my blog into a book! 2 books actually- one for 2009, one for 2010. If you want them in color, it can be pricey (my quote was $70), but in Black and white it was only $20. That’s a huge savings in my opinion and makes the blog book a possibility without having to break the bank. I still need to go back and make a book for my first blog year, but was going to wait to see the finished product. I’ll let you know what I think.

12 comments:

Leah said...

At least they have more of a variety of athletic shoes than they used to. Maybe you can even find some cute Sunday sneaks, like those strappy ones. New shoes every 3 months does appeal...

Adelle still wears a diaper to bed, and I totally DO NOT CARE. It's usually dry in the AM, and I just reuse them, but I loathe changing sheets. I've sat for 5 year olds that needed bedtime pull-ups. It's not all that uncommon -- that's why they make Goodnights, after all. Jenna will get the hang of it in her own time.

Leah said...

Are you anal like me? Does it make you crazy when the bottom of your post says "One people made me happy..." ? It makes me very anxious for a 2nd commenter. I have problems.

Unknown said...

Do not sweat the diaper at night thing... Sadie took a little over a year after being day trained to stay dry all night. Their body eventually figured it out. That said, we still have to watch her liquid intake in the evenings or she wakes up wet.

I wear orthotics in all my tennis and lace-up shoes. Don't worry, not wearing them in church shoes isn't going to kill your feet for good. It's wearing flip flops 10 months of the year that will :)

Susan said...

I think an icecream maker is a great prize - it's the gift that keeps on giving!

Brooke said...

glad your foot appts went well, I was curious to see how they went. I have heard that you only need new shoes every 3-4 months if you are an avid runner, hence I buy new ones every ~2 years :)
also, I'm addicted to my orthotics

Caleb still wears a pull up, we're in the same boat with that one.

I'm excited to see your blog books! Let me know when they get here

Adam and Samantha said...

I would be so pissed about those tickets...you could easily of sold those tickets for a minimum of 2,000$ a ticket...some tickets are well over 25,000$_A

The Wilker Family said...

Thanks for the update on your fam! Bummer about the superbowl! I'm not a huge football fan, but the experience would've been awesome! At least you got something out of it! I'm curious about the blog books too, although I'm worried it would bug me to have the pics in black and white. Something I'll have to research!

Mayhem no longer said...

We had to take Cambria to the bathroom about 2-3 hours after she fell asleep for a month or two before she was consistently dry at night. After that, she would wake up herself if she needed to go before morning.
And shoe-wise, you always look cute. I can't wait to see your new ones.

Karen Scott Welker said...

Is it three months of wear? Or three months old? Because I have athletic shoes that I've worn for about 10 hours total even though they are about 5 years old. I hate shopping for shoes, so please tell me that they are still OK.

Bekah said...

Bummer about the Super Bowl! Darn! But homemade ice cream/frozen yogurt... YUM!!!

As for the pull-up thing. Ava wore for a little while after she was potty-trained. Then why night, I was like, "WHY?" So, I put her to bed in panties. Then, I woke up every 2-3 hours to take her potty. I did that for two nights, with her only actually going potty once each night (the rest of the time, she would just lean on me sleepily while sitting on the toilet). On the third night, I didn't wake her up and we've never had any problems (that was almost three years ago). When Jax potty-trained, we just decided to put him in underwear at night right away and he's never had an accident at night. Good luck, friend!

Lori Knobel said...

With the diaper/pull up thing, she will continue to *use* them as long as you put them on her. My suggestion would be to watch her fluid intake after dinnertime. I would allow VERY little fluid, if any at all, after dinnertime. Take her potty like you have been BEFORE putting her to bed. Talk with her constantly about staying dry and keeping her bed dry. Then wake her up a couple of times a night and take her to the toilet. This will train her body to wake up and get to the toilet to go potty. All kids are different. Don't stress it. And understand that accidents will happen and are part of the process. Just stay positive, yet consistent. But I'm personally totally ANTI-pull ups. All they do is enforce that it's okay for them to potty in their pants. Just my 2 cents. =)

I read all the Fablehaven books a completely LOVED them. Definitely fun to read! We actually got to meet Brandon Mull at a book release party thing and get all our books signed by him a few months back when they released the last book. The characters were all there in costume and stuff. It was pretty dang cool. =)

That's a fantastic idea to print out your blog as a book! I may have to look into that as well! Do let us know what you think of them when you get the books!

Lisa said...

Glad to know you got the all clear from the doc. I bet you guys have made some yummy ice cream :) And I love that you are persistent in cutting Adam's hair until you get it right. Way to go. I'd be too much of a wimp, as you know. :)