Monday, February 21, 2011

please stop coughing in my face!

So the last few days have been interesting. Adam was acting strange on Wednesday, and running a fever, so I took him to the dr to have her check for an ear infection. He was clear, but still not feeling so hot. We had tickets to the UA basketball game Thursday night, and got a call just as the game was starting saying that Adam had thrown up. I sat through the first half of the game thinking about him, and insisted that we get home to him at the start of the second half. Jenna was running a fever and coughing all that night, and Adam spit up 3 more times before sun up. Fun. I asked Dave to skip work when both kids were up crying at 530am. He stayed home, and we both took turns letting kids nap on us, wiping noses, taking temperatures and changing the cartoons on the tv. Jenna's fever kept coming back and after her nap she was a mess- water eyes and super lethargic. I called and got her in to see the dr just before they closed for the weekend. Luckily, her lungs were clear, but she was prescribed drops for her boogery-watery eyes. Both kids were up again at different times Friday night, and Saturday we needed to get outta the house. We took a drive where Adam slept and Jenna kept telling us she just wanted to go home. Poor thing! (We did buy a carpet cleaner.) Her fever just kept coming back, spiking at 104. We gave her a cool bath and a popscicle and it seemed to help. Sweet Adam would just cry and cuddle up on the floor. He would either request "Dora Mermaid, downstairs" or "Pirates (Dora again), upstairs" because those were the DVD's in each machine. It was the only thing that would settle him down once he got sad. He also wasn't eating much at all. David and I both made arrangements for our church classes, and prepared for another long day trapped inside with sick kids. We were shocked when neither kid woke up Saturday night... and we thought they were getting better. Wrong. Sunday was another sick day. Last night, by the time the kids went to bed it was 9pm. Adam was screaming for me {'MOMM-EEEE!') at 4 am, telling me 'downstairs, rockaby'. We rocked for nearly an hour before he was finally sleepy again. Jenna crawled into bed with me at 530am just to cough on me. They are now watching more shows, and I am waiting for the tylenol/motrin to kick in so that I can experience at least an hour of sweet kids until they feel crummy again. *SIGH* Better go attend to the 'chorus of coughing' and keep praying that neither David nor I catch this yuck!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Um, that sounds like the worst week ever, my dear. Seriously. Just make it stop already. That's my advice to you.

sb said...

Ugh. That sounds like no fun at all. AND you missed a good portion of the game! Where are the wellness fairies when you need them?

Lisa said...

Hopefully you and Dave stay healthy. I've been down the last few days with the same thing. Got if from Abigail when she was done with it. No fun with all this crud going around. Get better and get some sleep!

The McLemore's said...

at least there cute!

Rob and Sara said...

Sick kids are the worst! I'm sorry! The only thing that makes it partly bearable is their wanting to cuddle. I know at 4 am that isn't the greatest but "downstairs, rockaby" makes my heart melt. Hope you and Dave avoid the crud!

The Wilker Family said...

That sounds yucky for sure! One sick kid is bad enough, let alone two!! Hopefully they are starting to feel much better and life can return to normal for you!

Marne said...

Oh man I sure hope your household gets well again soon!! There must be something going around, because Michael has been sick the past couple of days too. Hope to see all of you feeling better.