I had these grand plans upon moving into this bigger home to have my own preschool. I did some leg work, tried my hand at advertising, BUT I just didn't get enough interest. Thankfully, I wasn't that upset about all the work that I didn't have to do anymore- only about the extra money that I wouldn't be bringing in. I have every intention to try it again when it's Adam's turn and I've made more connections in the neighborhood. In the meantime, I needed a place for Jenna. I found a wonderful co-op of 4 other moms with kids in the PreK range (headed to kinder next year). Jenna is the youngest in the group, but she fits in amazingly well. As of right now, I have every intention of testing her into a nearby charter school. They start testing for late birthdays (Sept-Dec) in the spring, so we'll go from there.
Tuesday was Jenna's first day. We switch around between the five of us (next week it's at our house) and we each have themes and letters to cover in our time period (we do Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-11am). She had a blast! She only knew one of the other kids from church, but made quick friends with the others.
 |
| I promise I didn't pose her AT ALL. I asked for a picture before we got in the car, and this is what she gave me. Funny kid! |
We just returned from vacation (blog to come soon, promise), and she needed new shoes and some type of bag; Those were our Monday chores. All the backpacks seemed HUGE and since she only needs it for 2-3 pages of papers and her pencil box, I wasn't interested. We spent an hour in the sewing room making this little shoulder bag out of scraps before stencil painting it. It's kinda silly, but she loves it, it works perfectly and is just her size. Everybody wins.
After we dropped her off, Adam and I ran a few quick errands. He asked about a dozen times, "Where Jenna?" to which I would return the question, and he would say, "playschool!" (that's what
Caillou calls it). Today as we drove away after dropping Jenn off, Adam said, "I go to playschool too, pweese?", and now he's in charge of what morning cartoons are on, so he might not be missing her as much.
Best of luck to our little girl on her first big adventure. I think it will be great for her to be away from me for a little bit each week- good prep for kindergarten.
6 comments:
How fun. She gets cuter all the time! :)
That is so exciting. We start next month. I am so excited and nervous. It is a whole new adventure.
Yea! School is fun! You are so crafty that you made her bag. Hope she loves it!
She is way cute. I bet she does great in preschool... and isn't it nice to have a little one-on-one time with Adam? I think a little preschool is beneficial to kids, moms, and siblings alike!
Hooray for Jenna! Um, but next week's school is cutting into my talk time!!! Have a wonderful time, and let me know if you want any coloring sheets. I can scan them for you. :)
Go Jenna! What a cutie you have there. I love the comments about Caillou and "playschool". Ethan keeps telling me he wants to go to playschool. Love it! :)
Post a Comment