Thursday, November 3, 2011

Maui

 I don't think I'm going to tell the ENTIRE Maui story, but I will put up some pics for now. In short, we had a wonderful time! The first couple days, Dave's brother Rob and his wife Melanie joined us on Maui from their home in Oahu. We toured the island and had a wonderful time together. We drove the 'Road to Hana' which is a 68 mile stretch of mostly coastal highway with 620 curves, and nearly 100 one lane bridges. It took us the entire day, with many scenic stops all along the way. It was the first time in my life that I have ever been carsick. Ever. I didn't actually get sick, but I couldn't shake the dizziness all day long. I think it was worth it, but not in a hurry to do it again.
 On our third day, we checked into the Ritz Carlton. It was blissful. This is where I spend lots of hours.

 We had a special dinner out one night, and had a great time. Intuit gave us $100 cash and provide transport. Wonderful!

 David bought some peanut butter Chocolates early on in the trip and as we were finishing them the last day, we came across this one:

 Another view of the remarkable Ritz.
Some lava structures that we could walk to from our room.

No comments: