I should have done a little more 'finishing' type work to it-- maybe just made it look distressed to hid my flaws, but I was SO done with it. I bought purple crib sheets and recovered the bumpers- I was going to turn a gray flat sheet ($5 at Walmart) into a skirt, but clearly lost steam on this project. The next time I change the crib sheet, I need to shift it a little, but it looks and fits fine. I really am happy with the color combination and how it all came together.(sorry the picture quality sucks though- what happened?)
All the baskets and bins were in totally clashing primary colors, so I needed to find other things for the shelves. We made a stop at Cost Plus and Home Goods and found some perfect purple and gray bins and baskets. Jenna helped me fold up burp clothes and organize the baby shoes.
The walls are still plain. I did buy some purple vinyl, but haven't really decided what to do. I have 'Pinned' a few ideas, but nothing that I really want to invest the time and effort in just yet. We'll see.

I didn't include the changing table/dresser that is in the other corner of the room. It didn't get repainted and is all wrong in a creamy off-white. *sigh* That dresser was my first sand/prime/paint project and I can't imagine redoing it after all the time I spent on it already. Oh well- it is a cheap hand-me down dresser, so I just tucked it into the corner. I considered tossing a blanket over it... It serves it's purpose, I guess. I'll have to try not to look at it too often, or just to keep the lights dim.


3 comments:
Look on the bright side. 1)It looks good. 2.) More paint fumes! Heh... heh...
Well, I'm good and ready for you to have a kid now. I really will laugh if it's a boy.
I absolutely love the purple and yellow combo! The crib looks super cute white! You could always just buy wall paint and paint the dresser white...... painting is way easier then spray paint..... I tried to spray paint 2 old white dressers from mom's house black, it didn't go over well so I just used regular old wall paint...... I love the chair cover and the little pillow is super cute! Can't wait to mee the little miss!!!!
Heather, it looks AMAZING!!! For future reference, lemme tell you about a little gem called Zinser Bullseye. It's a "primer" that you can put on any surface then repaint. It totally eliminates the need for sanding! I've used it on several projects. It's $10 for a quart at Home Depot. Seriously, it's magical!!
Post a Comment