I signed the kids up for a sports class through the YMCA. It was for kids 3-4 years old, and the first class started 3 weeks before Jenna's birthday. I thought it was a great way to let the kids try and see which sports they like before jumping into a team style commitment. It was great! (Adam's pose below perfectly demonstrates his 'enthusiasm' for listening to rules. The teacher, and most of the other parents, knew his name about 10 minutes into the first class.)
The first 3 weeks were soccer, than a few weeks of t-ball and then another few weeks of football. Adam's favorite was soccer, although he much preferred kicking the ball into the goal even when that wasn't the objective.
Jenna loved all of it. She didn't like doing poorly, but she mostly had a good attitude and kept trying.
I wish I had more pictures, but I was wrestling Megan for the hour AND trying to actively participate with the kids. Challenging indeed!
Jenna throws pretty well and enjoyed it all enough, but she wasn't sure that she wanted to take another sports class. We'll see what is available for our five year old girl.
Adam got really excited each week about sports class, so we might look for another one for him in the spring. He needs the help learning to take turns and following directions, but we can already tell that he has some talent with throwing and kicking.







No comments:
Post a Comment