Jenna is SIX years old as of October 6th- thus making it her GOLDEN birthday. This means nothing other than that the balloons I used to decorate were gold. Ha! In planning her birthday for the last 6 months, we decided no friend party this year. She wanted a surprise party and every toy at every store. We worked it down to maybe a cousin get-together and a trip to Build-a-Bear. Since her birthday fell on a Sunday, we started the festivities on Saturday.
We stopped in a couple weeks ago to check out our options on animals. It's not just bears anymore! Twilight Sparkle and Smurfs and dogs... I was glad that Jenna picked a bear. A pink and purple sparkly bear even- totally Jenna!She helped fluff the bear and tested to make sure it was huggable enough. The employees were great and really helped make it special for Jenna.
She fluffed it's fur and picked out clothes and shoes for her. Her name is Shimmers and she's pretty cool. She even sings about 30 seconds of 'Call Me Maybe' when you squeeze her hand. Her shoes are already misplaced.
Jenna decide she needed Shimmers before the next part of her birthday gift- EARS PIECED! I had tried to convince David to let me pierce her ears while she was little so that she wouldn't be scared, but he was adamant that it be her decision. I was on board and never brought it up. When she turned 5, she mentioned that maybe when she was six she would be brave enough to get earrings. I told her to talk to her dad. She's been really excited about it for the last few weeks- this coming from the girl that is TERRIFIED of the flu shot (she cried last year for about 30 minutes). I was sure she would chicken out, but she really was ready. She was more excited than nervous until sitting in the chair. She *barely* cried. I won't post the picture of her tears.
Thankfully dad was close by to carry her out of the mall. She hasn't fussed too much about cleaning them just yet, and looks beautiful with them in!
I had convinced Jenna that her cousins were too busy and that we would have to get together with them during fall break. She was sad about that, but okay about having a pizza party with just our little family. She asked all day, during LDS General Conference, if it was time yet. She helped with the cupcakes and icing, and was happy that I made so many so we could each have more than one. She even believed her dad when he said he would make lots of pizza to have left overs.
The doorbell rang just after 4pm and she peeked out the window and JUMPED for joy to see her cousins. She really was surprised and couldn't have been happier.
We all sang 'Happy Birthday' under water style, and it was fun!
We all love our 6 year old girl and had a fun time celebrating her birthday.
You'll always be the girl that made me a mom. Thanks for 6 great years! I LOVE watching you grow up and our family couldn't be more blessed to have you as the biggest sister.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, she *requests* a surprise party and then falls for it! I can't even stand how much I love six-year-olds!
Post a Comment