Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Our Megan is TWO!

 We were able to condense our family party's this year- Reese turned two at the end of February, Miles turned 3 the first part of March, and Megan was two on March 21st. We got all three families together and had a fun time celebrating all three cute kiddos. It's impossible to get good pictures with so much action going on! I'm sad that I can't even see Reese in this picture. Pizza, cupcakes and a jumping castle- who could ask for more?!



We celebrated our Megan's birthday over a couple of days. Dave's work schedule currently has him closing more nights than we are use to, so we had to work around that. We took Megan to Sullivan's the night before her birthday to celebrate. Cheap kid meals, ice cream for everyone, and Megan was entertained with the iPhone. She was thrilled with the special birthday sundae and made a huge mess all over me.







The morning of her birthday (Friday, 3/21) we met up with some friends at the Zoo. We even brought yummy donut holes to share with everyone. There were TONS of kids around that day, so I didn't get more pictures.


 We rode the zoo train, had lunch at McD's, and then we all napped that afternoon. Perfect.

I did want to get her in for a haircut to see if they could maybe tame her locks just a little. She ALWAYS pulls her pony tails out. I always put them back in, and she'll just tug them out again. It was getting ridiculous and her hair was always in her cute face. The big kids were happy to take her across the street to the salon. She jumped right in the chair and was the least- wiggly I've EVER seen her. Her trim came out great and now her hair is not always in her face!


She loved her car that we got her for her birthday- such a sweet girl.







 We were all cleaned up and ready for cake when dad got home.
 Again, she LOVED the singing and candles!



 I was very impressed with the excitement that Jenna and Adam both had over their sisters birthday. Adam wrote her this cute card- he didn't want to draw a picture, just the word LOVE.

Jenna used the best handwriting I've ever seen her use- she even started over fresh a few times to get it perfect. So sweet!
 The inside is a picture of Megan.

We all had fun celebrating our Megan. Birthdays are exciting, that's for sure. Megan is a handful, but that's what makes her so special. We are anxious to see what this next year brings for her. Hopefully a larger vocabulary and better listening skills- ha! 

2 comments:

Jim said...

Love Megan's haircut. She is so cute. Also enjoyed the cards. Jenna's handwriting is so good. Can't wait to see you all again. Love.

Leah said...

The cuteness of it all. Glad she had a great birthday. I love the birthday clumping idea. I sooo want to clump all 5 of our birthdays and be done. That'd go over, right? RIGHT?!