We had lots of family attend:
Grandma and Grandpa Savage
Auntie Sarah and Uncle Aaron with Cousins Ben, Alex, Audrey and Sam
Auntie Larissa and Uncle Mark with Cousins Rose, Ammon, Evie and Caleb
Grandma and Grandpa Scott
Uncle Rob and Aunt Melanie with Cousins Natalie, Nicole, Eric, James and Steven
Uncle Jeff and Aunt Lisa with Cousins Kailee, Evyn, Noelle, Ella and Reese
Aunt Susan and Uncle Dave with Cousins Caroline and Miles
And our good friends the Heiners were there- Miss Lisa and Nick with Jude, Vega and Wren
David gave our sweet Luke a wonderful blessing surrounded by Grandpa's and Uncles, and the spirit was felt. He blessed him with good health and a cheerful outlook and to remain a calming influence in difficult circumstances. He counseled him to listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and to learn and grow in the Gospel so that he has a desire to share it as a missionary. He also prayed that he would obtain and honor the holy priesthood and find a sweet companion to be sealed in the temple to.
Lucas was alert and calm for the blessing and our Megan was even reverent on my lap so that I was able to hear all of it. I really love the amazing man that I get to raise these sweet kids with- he's just the best.
We passed Lucas around a little after his blessing (the family listed above took up the ENTIRE left side of the chapel- it was pretty impressive) but he got handed back when it was obvious he needed a diaper change. The first messy diaper managed to miss his blessing outfit, and just soiled the onesie underneath. I changed his diaper and feed him a little to calm him down. Low and behold- he had ANOTHER messy diaper. This one was not as contained, and he made a huge mess on himself (both layers of clothing) and even on my skirt. Boo! Thankfully my sisters and dear friend Lisa were chatting with me in the mothers room and helped get us all cleaned up. The babe now had NOTHING left to wear since he even soiled his spare clothes in the diaper bag. I wrapped him up in a blanket and we ended up going home a little early to get ourselves cleaned up and the house ready for the luncheon.
We had 22 people over for the luncheon that Dave deliciously prepared for. Seriously, such yummy shredded beef sliders and lots of sides. It was a great afternoon.
BUT we didn't get any pictures. Not a single picture of the boy on his day in the outfit I spent the week sewing for him. Bummer. It's funny that I spent time I could have been sleeping making this tiny outfit that he ended up wearing for less than an hour. (I found the pattern for his romper online, but did make a few alterations and I did solicit help for the button holes from a sweet sister in the ward.)
Today, I put it back on in hopes of getting a picture- ha! Lukeity-Shmukity was not interested. I will try again soon, since he seems to be growing like a weed! At 3.5 weeks he's already 9 pounds!
He's on his blanket that Grandma Scott made for him. So sweet.
2 comments:
I love cry faces. The reeeally mad ones. Love all the fam pics, too, you mom of FOUR!
He adorable even when he is crying.
Post a Comment