I left Jenna with David last night so I could go to my class. I had prepared a bottle for her dad to give her later, just put her down for a nap, and I knew that she would sleep for nearly half of the 3 hours I would be gone. I walk in the door at 9 pm to find them both totally in control. He had feed her a bottle, given her a bath, and kept her happy the entire time. I don't know why I was surprised to find them that way. I guess part of me wants no one else to make her happy, while another part is learning to leave her and be able to enjoy myself. I am so in love with her, which makes it so much easier to type this blog one-handed with her sleeping on my chest. Dave and I are shopping for a vacation to spend our tax return on, and while I would love to go just the two of us, I know that we won't. We are three. We will be taking family friendly vacations for the next 8-10 years- and will love every minute of them.
I love being Jenna's mom.
I love watching Dave be her dad.
I love reading parenting magazines, and applying the
tips and advice from other parents and professionals.
I love borrowing board books from the library.
I love posting her picture on family web sites.
I love dressing her up each Sunday in her pretty
little dresses and showing her off at church.
I look forward to her learning to roll over.
I look forward to her learning to talk
and walk and play in the tub.
I look forward to watching her grow and be the best big sister.
I love being Jenna's mom.
I love being Jenna's mom.
I love watching Dave be her dad.
I love reading parenting magazines, and applying the
tips and advice from other parents and professionals.
I love borrowing board books from the library.
I love posting her picture on family web sites.
I love dressing her up each Sunday in her pretty
little dresses and showing her off at church.
I look forward to her learning to roll over.
I look forward to her learning to talk
and walk and play in the tub.
I look forward to watching her grow and be the best big sister.
I love being Jenna's mom.
2 comments:
Thanks for the good little cry! I totally know how you feel cause I have the same feelings. We were born to be mommies!! But our husbands were also born to be daddies and it's a good thing cause we can go have some girly fun with out kids once and a while too!
I love your little poem! I completely understand too! It's funny how I feel like my little girl, who can barely pull together a comprehendable sentance, is seriously one of the coolest people I know and I'd rather hang out with her and play pretend than do anything else!
Post a Comment