Jenna with "The Bunny"- I love that she sticks her tongue out when she smiles!Early Saturday morning we loaded up the car to head to the Temple. We were dropping sweet Jenna with her Auntie Rissa and Uncle Mark while we met up with some of Dave's siblings to attend the temple. I drove and was making great time- obviously too great of time- or at least the Queen Creek Sheriff thought so. I was stopped for going 70 in a 45, and didn't get a ticket. (David said we were headed to the temple, and he thinks that is what got us off with a warning.) I was grateful not to get a ticket and we were on time to the temple. We got to do sealings and it was extra special to share the experience with family. We all went out to lunch after, and Larissa brought Jenna to me. She had a great time playing with her Auntie and Uncle and her 2 four legged cousins. We then headed over to my mom's house for some good family time and Easter Dinner. We spent the weekend eating, playing Settlers of Catan, eating some more, and trading off holding babies (Jenna cousins are 7 months and 3 months old). David would like me to report that he won both games of Settlers. Go team! Jenna got up early Su
nday (probably excited about the Easter Bunny) and wanted to play. We tell her often that Saturday's and Sunday's are the days to sleep in, but she wants to play anyways. This is a picture taken after breakfast of her with her basket. She was obviously unimpressed with it's contents. I love church on Easter Sunday for three reasons: the spirit, the ham dinner, and the kids all dressed up! Jenna's dress was just the right amount of poffy and I loved it! She tries really hard to be reverent during church, but then remembers that she is a baby and doesn't have to be reverent. She fell asleep right near the end on her tummy across David's lap. We tried to get some great outdoor shots afterwards, but she was still sleepy, and the cousins were having difficulties cooperating as well. We had a fun weekend. My brother is on leave from the Army next month (he is half way through a year long unaccompanied tour in Korea) and plans to bring his family to visit so all 9 of my mom's grandkids can be together. That will be our next trip to Grandmommy's and Gr
andpa's house. We love when everyone is home and the house is full of kids! We will be sad when my oldest sister Sarah moves her family to El Paso this summer, and we won't get to see them as often. I look forward to the day when Jenna will run around the house chasing after her cousins, get sent to Time-out for jumping on the couch, and raise her hand to say the blessing on the food or introduce dessert. I have loved watching Ben, Alexandra and Rich grow up so close by- and look forward to watching Jenna grow up along side Abby and Audrey. And those are just the cousin's on the Savage side! She is such a lucky girl to have such a great extended family! We love you all!
5 comments:
So that is where you were. Sounds like you had a GREAT time. And I bet you didn't get a ticket cause your a super cute girl!:) Oh and we love settlers if you ever want to play. Jenna looks super cute.
Tear! I will miss you too, but right now, if I don't sell this house, I will miss my money more! (I am blessed to know that I will be with you forever...)
Love ya!
Sarah
Good thing that Sheriff likes Mormons! Jenna looked so cute in that dress, she looks like a little doll!
You have such a cute little family! I'm excited to have another blog friend!
It was great to see you guys this past week! Baby Jenna is even cuter in person! (which says a lot since she is soooo photogenic!)
Post a Comment