
This tile has been sitting above our tv since I made it at youth conference a few weeks back. I see it constantly throughout the day because it's on top of the tv and our apartment is pretty small. It make me wonder what I could do to 'stand taller'. Wow! I could do way more than I am doing!
Over the last few weeks, I have been quick to get angry. When I get angry I get sad, and being sad is not a great place to be for too long. I don't like myself like this, but it just happens. So I contact my live-in therapist, my best friend, my husband Dave. He is better than great. He reminds me that I am a good person- which I know, but sometimes forget. I need to forgive and forget and stop expecting too much from people. I the Lord will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men. (Doctrine and Covenants 64:10) That is my goal. I am going to read often these words of Pres. Hinckley, take them to heart, and apply them in my life. Here is part of the talk he gave to the saints:
“Now, my brethren and sisters, the time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and understanding of the grand millennial mission of this The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is a season to be strong. It is a time to move forward without hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth, and the importance of our mission. It is a time to do what is right regardless of the consequences that might follow. It is a time to be found keeping the commandments. It is a season to reach out with kindness and love to those in distress and to those who are wandering in darkness and pain. It is a time to be considerate and good, decent and courteous toward one another in all of our relationships. In other words, to become more Christlike”
I have some work to do! I feel the weight of this mission even stronger being a mother. Jenna and her future siblings are going to be watching me- ALL the time. I want to be the best example. I want them to catch me praying ofter, studying my scriptures, bearing my testimony, being compassionate and kind to others, and doing the Lord's work. I want to be happy and kind for her. I will be the best mom if I can be my best self. So here I go... Standing Taller (wish me luck).
No comments:
Post a Comment