
Benjamin is my very first nephew. He turned six this past February and just finished kindergarten. Ben's mom (my sister) is a theater arts teacher. When Ben heard that his school was doing a production of "Cinderella" he wanted to be a part of it. Ben auditioned by singing "All My Ex's Live in Texas" (seriously) and nabbed the biggest kindergarten part, playing a mouse and a townsperson with a few solo parts in the opening number. Dave, Jenna and I were up in Phoenix this past Saturday doing baptisms with the youth at the Temple, and were excited to drive across town to see Ben in his theatrical debut. The show was amazing! Th
e little girl that played Cinderella had an amazing voice! Ben enjoyed his time on stage and his sister Alex loved seeing him up there and cheering him on. I had asked Ben earlier what he wanted me to bring for him if we made it to his show. Flowers? A balloon? And his answer, that I was happy to oblige, was "How about a cool sign?" So here is Benny, with his cool sign, and some flowers that never die- with his eyes closed- after his stage debut in Canyon Breeze Elementary School's 2008 performance of "Cinderella". You go Ben! We love you!
4 comments:
That is so cute!
OH my goodness I love it!!!!!!
You're obnoxious!!!! You blogged my kid before I could! I love you!
i kept checking for you to do it... you snooze, you loose sista!
Post a Comment