Thursday, May 15, 2008

cake, cake, cake

gimme a c!
gimme an a!
gimme a k!
gimme an e!

what does that spell?
CAKE!

I just finished my semester long cake decorating class tonight by turning in my final- a wedding cake. I wanted something more trendy than traditional, so I went with chocolate. I made a super yummy chocolate buttercream icing, colored some fondant, and after close to 12 hours of work, a dozen eggs, 5 cake mixes, and lots of dishes, this is what I made.What do you think? It is not as cool as I had hoped it would be, but it will do. I do not like working with fondant and will probably not use it again in the future. I really like the colors together. Now what to do with all this cake...
I am going to write "Happy Birthday" on it and give it to Jeff :).

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What's with you and chocolate wedding cakes? I mean, they are good and all, but why the constant ousting of the traditional? It is a really beautiful cake - looks super yummy. Good work, sista!

Adam and Samantha said...

Wow, that looks really really yummy!Your gonna have to show us some tricks at mutual!

Susan said...

Looks good! Personally, I am a chocolate cake lover. I'm sure Jeff enjoyed it!