Friday, May 2, 2008

Let's Cruise!


We had a fantastic time on our cruise. Jenna was a celebrity on board, and was very friendly with everyone. The crew is made up of mostly young men from the Southeast Asia/ Indonesia region, and they were all in love with Jenna. They would stop us in the halls and talk with her, they would swarm our table during every meal, and Jenna loved it! This guy was entertaining Jenna for like 5 minutes, just shaking his head up and down. After talking to some of them, we discovered that much of the crew have families and children at home that they leave for 8 - 12 months at a time to work. I was happy to share our Jenna with all these dads away from their babies.

Our stateroom was very nice. It was only like $50 to upgrade to a room with a balcony, so we could not resist. The wind was always blowing outside, and I never got to wear my pair of shorts, so it was nice to have a beautiful view of the ocean from the comfort of our room. This is our first view of Seattle from our balcony.

I have noticed that nearly all of our vacation pictures are of Jenna. We have shots of her in the room, in her stroller on the deck, her in her highchair at the restaurant, and hardly any of the shots do not include her! Is this just what happens now that we are parents? David and I look at her all the time and say, "She is so cool!" and "I love having her."

3 comments:

Adam and Samantha said...

I'm glad you had fun!! I can't wait to see pictures

Susan said...

Yes, that's exactly what happened when we became parents. At least 90% of our pictures now are of Caroline. When I signed up on blogger and facebook, I had Dave take a picture of me because I couldn't find one!

Reina said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. And yes all of our pictures are of the kids. OH and we know what we are having so we have to come play:)