One of David's favorite people at work is Garry. A few weeks ago, Dave sent me an email asking for a 'bicycle themed' cake for Garry's birthday. I used a technique that I had only done once in class, but I think it turned out pretty cool. I found this cute picture on the web, and used piping gel and waxed paper to transfer it to the cake. (I prefer round cakes, but it was easiest to transport in this dish.) Once the picture is on the cake, you just fill it in with different colors. I still have trouble with coloring, and getting it just the shade that I want it, but it came out okay. I like trying out and practicing new skills, and look forward for more challenges.
You can always click on the pictures to get a closer look.What do you think?
4 comments:
I think it turned out GREAT!
You are so creative and talented. The cake looks great! I would have found a bakery to make the cake.lol
you should take an "after" shot of that cake the way I saw it - not much left. It must have tasted as delicious as it looked. Good job. And thanks again for the great food/company last night!
Looks good! It makes me want to take a cake decorating class!
Post a Comment