I read an article in the July Ensign titled: Sharing the Gospel using the Internet. This article encouraged me to use my blog for more than just story telling, journaling, and picture sharing. Read the article and try to do the same, from time to time.
I am not one that gets excited about the chance to bear my testimony during sacrament meeting. If at all, I would prefer to bear my testimony in Relief Society. I get so nervous! No matter how much I prepare what I want to say, it never comes across as well as I hope, and I sit down wondering if people think I'm spacey. So I will attempt to write it out.
First and foremost, I KNOW that my Heavenly Father loves me. I feel his love and I know he does all he can to answer my prayers. Lately, David and I have been praying for a few things. One of them being help with our finances. When I decided to not work when Jenna came, we were blessed. When we decided to buy a house, we knew it would be tight, but we had faith that we would be provided for. Dave has been doing fantastically at work lately. I am blessed with the chance to watch my nieces during the day to help support our family as well. Just this last month, things got shaken up a little bit. They changed the way David would be compensated at work, which resulted in a pay-cut. As a family on a budget, a pay-cut is not something that you want to hear the same week as our first mortgage payment is due. We have been praying for guidance and direction from our Heavenly Father. It wasn't until we actually made changes in our lifestyle (i.e. reduced cell phone bills, decided not to go on a vacation) that things started to fall into place. On Friday, Dave and his co-workers- who were all affected by the changes- were able to meet with their manager and work somethings out. The compensation scale has been changed, and it appears at this point that we will be back on track financially. Which is a huge relief to me and it helps Dave not be so stressed out when he comes home each day. I know that our prayers were answered and that Heavenly Father cares about what goes on with my family. I love the gospel and I love being a member of the church. I have a testimony of my Heavenly Fathers love, and I bear it to you, in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.
We are blessed.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your testimony. :) I was thinking about it yesterday and I chickened out.
May I just say, Amen. When we lived in Mesa, we heard some interesting counsel in Stake Conference. "If you want to get out of debt, double your fast offering." I'm not saying this is the best advice for everyone, but when we doubled our fast offerings, we doubled our financial blessings. Every time we start to feel a financial pinch, we increase (maybe not double) our fast offerings.
Post a Comment