Wednesday, September 24, 2008

politics

okay, so i don't agree with most people politically.
i feel like people are always trying to change my opinions or teach me how i'm wrong. i watch tv, news and talk shows, and its either people that are ultra liberal or those that are ultra conservative trying to sway me one way or another. or even worse, the two separate squares with one republican and one democrat and they spend the segment arguing and pointing fingers. aggh! how is one registered independent (conservative democrat or liberal republican) suppose to make sense of any of this? even talk radio is super frustrating. you can tell right away just by how they talk about the candidates, how they are going to present the information. i don't fall for it. i don't think obama is evil, neither do i think he will 'ruin' this country if elected- but that doesn't mean i'm voting for him. i'm not all the way on board with mccain, but i know that i don't like negative campaigning. i know how i stand on many issues that are important to me- but others, i am having an impossible time figuring out how the candidates feel. where do i turn for bi-partisan information? or do i just let others tell me what to believe and who to vote for?
i really do hate politics. while i understand it's my duty to vote (i did just register at my new address) it is stressing me out.

4 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

please don't argue with me or tell me i'm wrong- i'm soooo over that.

Karen Scott Welker said...

I'm about as conservative as you can get. But I completely agree with you about the media. In my opinion, there is no unbiased news organization- TV, cable, radio or print. As for deciding who and what to vote for, I will watch the debates and pray. What else can you do?

The McLemore's said...

I was going to post a comment and tell you that you just opened up a can of worms. I'm glad you told people not to argue. Everyone always feels like voicing their opinions, especially when I could care less how someone else "feels". Vote Sketti, Pres. 2008!!!!

Brooke said...

Heather, I feel your pain. I too feel like I'm not committed to either candidate, though I realize what an important election this is. Good luck