Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun Mess

Today was a glorious mail day. Don't you love those days when its not all bills and junk mail, but exciting stuff? Today, the newest issue of Family Fun was in the box. Yippee! I sit down to read it and who do you think also wants to look at/ tear out the pages? Yes, Miss Grabby-Hands herself. So what do I do to keep her paws off my yet-to-be-read magazine? I hand her another already-read-cover-to-cover magazine that she can happily tear up. (I usually toss her the envelopes as I open the mail and let her go to town tearing them up. That wasn't cutting it today.) Older cousin got excited at the idea of tearing up a magazine, and found last weeks Sunday comics on the table, and added them to the to-be-torn pile. And away they went. Cousins are very good teachers, and before long the living room was a disaster. They were having a blast though. I can only imagine that this is what kids do with fallen leaves. They were 'swimming' in the scraps, throwing them in the air, tearing the big pieces into smaller pieces, and giggling- ALOT. It was rather entertaining to watch a 1-year-old, and a 5-year-old enjoying the same task. (Don't worry, me and the older of the two cleaned it all up, after she tore a few more pieces.)
If Uncle/Dad asks about his Skiing Magazine, don't rat us out. I don't have any idea where it could be.

5 comments:

The McLemore's said...

I like that Jenna is on her hands and knees in the last picture getting into all the "fun". There faces look so excited. You have got to be a fun mom, seriously who lets there kids make a big mess and watch without yelling, I yell at laney for tearing up rolls of toilet paper all over the floor.... you must be a better mom then I am :(

Karen Scott Welker said...

That is AWESOME! Way to recycle! You have to be the coolest mom/aunt ever.

Brooke said...

Looks like a fun time! It's definitely an accomplishment when you can get a 1 yr old and a 5 yr old to enjoy the same activity

Caleb is still more interested in tasting the paper rather than ripping it so that kind of fun might not work for us quite yet.

Brooke said...

is it just me or does Noelle really look like Caroline in the first picture?

Susan said...

That's so funny! Caroline used to LOVE to rip paper. On one long car trip with her other grandparents, to stop her screaming, Nana gave her an old Reader's Digest and by the time we got to Dallas, the back seat looked like a Hamster Cage! Ahh, good, cheap, messy fun!