Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween '08


Halloween was much more fun this year with Jenna, but I think next year will be even better. We went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat, and I couldn't wait to get Jenna's costume on her. She was not interested in wearing the flowers in her hair, or carrying the wand, and only because she didn't notice the wings, did she keep them on. It was great to share an activity with other wards- especially the ward that we have family in. We love seeing Joe and Brooke around on Sundays, but it was a blast to share Halloween with Brandon. At 3, he was eating up all the festivities. We were able to play the carnival games, and he helped Dave hand out candy. I didn't take nearly enough pictures of all the fun- I REALLY wish I had a picture of Superman (Brandon) sitting with Dave and Jenna handing out candy.

Towards the end of the night, when we were running low on candy (Dave says I didn't buy enough), Dave was asking the tricker-treaters for 'trades'. Most of the kids just looked at him like he was crazy, but a few actually offered some treats from their bags. Brandon caught on pretty fast, and was asking for 'trades' right along with his Uncle Dave. Jenna gave up about half way through the night (tears and the tired head resting on my shoulder), so I gave her a lollipop. It was her second lollipop ever- don't judge me- and it worked. She was suddenly a sticky mess of smiles. Cute kid.

Check out my Jack-o-Lantern too!
Just because I can't resist-
this was our Jenna last year.


5 comments:

Brooke said...

We enjoyed spending the night with you guys too and REALLY appreciate your spending time with Brandon. He loved seeing you guys there and also at Stake Conf yesterday. I'll have to look and see if I have any good ones of him and Dave. Jenna looked too cute that night and I was impressed with how well she's walking around. They always seem like a different kid when they are finally walking instead of crawling.

The McLemore's said...

I'm super thankful you posted the pic of Jenna last year at Halloween. She is so stinkin adorable!

Reina said...

She looks so cute!! I wish I could have seen her, we miss having you in our ward.

jason said...

Jenna is just sick adorable. Like you said somewhere else, thank Heaven for little girls!

Adam and Samantha said...

Jenna looks so cute in her costume! And thanks for the pumpkin stuff for Malia it fit perfectly!