thank heaven for little girls right? most days i feel like that. today, i wanted to lock myself in the bathroom and take a VERY long shower- alone. i had my normal charges (1-year-old, 2-year-old, 5-year-old) plus another 1-year-old today. aggh is right. i am blaming hormones/the paricite that is within for the way i feel. i have been getting 8-10 hours of sleep each night, but still wake up exhausted. all day long i want to lay down, but one kid or another needs something. my sister use to call and tell me she needed a sick day, and i never understood until now.
i have been around kids my entire life. i worked in preschool. i nannied a 3 and 4 year old until they were 6 and 7. i taught first grade with 24 7-year-olds. i know kids- but this baby thing is different. i know kids and am (more often then not) judgemental of how others parent their kids. i love kids and the way they think. i love teaching them new things. i love having conversations at their level. i love watching them learn right and wrong. i love seeing them problem solve. i love seeing others impressed with their good behavior.
i love these girls so much, but they wear me out! i have a hard time letting a two-year-old be a two-year-old. i would love for her to be three or four and obediant and responsible for her actions, but that's just not going to happen. i say 'no' to this one-year-old and she just looks at me and does it again. i think this is going to be a struggle of wills- me against them (or should i think of it, me helping/teaching/training them?).
when all of them, but mine, left today i got a second wind. i was able to clean up a little and get dinner ready to go. dave got home and after dinner he allowed me a shower and computer time. i need a day off. if i didn't love these girls, i think it would be much harder. no matter how stressed/tired/annoyed i get, if i take a deep breath, and ask for a hug, i easily have three willing girls. it is often said that motherhood is the hardest job you will every love- ain't that the TRUTH!
i think i just rambled, but you get the picture, right? hope so, cause i need to go. thanks for listening. :)
6 comments:
I had to laugh out loud when you said, "i would love for her to be three or four and obedient and responsible for her actions." I have a 13 year old and I'm STILL waiting for him to be obedient and responsible for his actions. Not to depress you more, but it's always something. Thank goodness Moms get those love and hugs, otherwise . . . Because at the point you are ready to pull your hair out, that 13, 11, 9, 4 or 1 year old will do something so jaw-dropping adorable that it's all worth it. Hang in there, girl. Go take a nap. Those dishes can wait and that's what Dora's for.
I meant 'to be older and have the ability to be obedient and responsible'- that makes a difference right? It's hard to punish someone who is just being two. I don't think I like two.
I have spent LOTS of time with 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 year old kids; I know what they CAN and CANNOT do, so I know what to expect and more importantly, how to punish when they choose otherwise.
Hang in there Heather! 2 year olds become older toddlers before you know it and then once again we wonder where the time went. Not sure what is better, to be honest - a younger child that doesn't know any better or an older child that does no better but still willfully defies you! There are good and frustrating moments at every age.
For what it's worth, you have always impressed me with your way with kids and your patience with them. Let me know if you want some help.
I'll trade you a 20 year old! Just kidding, (at least he goes to work for 9 hours a day!)all stages have their pluses and minuses, the trick is to remember the pluses and forget the minuses, and to take care of yourself. Great you can air out your feeling, so blog away. Love.
"i would love for her to be three or four and obediant and responsible for her actions" This made me laugh. Jordan is not that at all I don't see this anytime soon. Oh and I would love a time out! Let have one together (only I may need to bring my little man but he sleeps so it's not a big deal)
Post a Comment