Wednesday, January 14, 2009

without

we scheduled this vacation just before thanksgiving so that david could have something to look forward to. we both figured that now is as good a time as any to try it without the little one. i'm only getting more pregnant, and may is quickly approaching. we plan to leave them both next year about this time for a ski vacation (we'll see) and how am i expected to leave an 8 month old, when i haven't left my 15 month old for more than a few over nights- not totally much more than 20 hours? i have only been without her for 20 hours at a time. we do EVERYTHING together and i like that. she loves spending time with her cousins and grandma's, so i'm not at all concerned for her. she is a tough kid, that doesn't really whine all too often. she is super verbal and more often than not, people other than just me and her dad understand her. she will be fine. i worry about me. any advice about being okay with leaving her? i am super excited about the time alone, and uninterrupted with my husband, as is he. i cannot wait to go to a temple other than mesa. i am thrilled that we will be able to just drive, stop and go not coordinating with anyone nap schedule (other than mine or dave's). we won't need to pack that entire bag of stuff just for her. no port-a-crib to borrow and set up. no washing sippy cups in bathroom sinks.

but also no pictures of my sweet girl at the beach. no burying her feet in the sand, or dipping her toes in the cold ocean. no accepting compliments about how sweet or pretty she is. no wake up call at 8 am.

but we can sit out on the beach at 10 pm if we want.
we can sleep in until 9 am. we can stay out all day.

i'm torn.
help?!

7 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

I thought I would feel the same way when I left the kids for the first time. And I still feel anxious before a trip. But I always have a good time while I'm away. Of course, I look forward to coming home to see them. But I'm usually more excited for the reunion than they are. Relax and have a great time!!!

Sarah said...

You'll be fine. She'll be good and spoiled by mom, and she'll be great. Enjoy yourself!

Jim said...

Just don't ask me about the time we left Karen with my Mom and went to Vegas for a weekend! It all turned out well, and I've always enjoyed time away, in fact, I think you need it.

Jim said...

OK, just re-read my comment, and I didn't mean just you need it, I meant I think every couple needs time away from kids, I sure did.

Reina said...

I totally understand the 1st time we sent time away Jordan was 3 but it was totally worth it! We need to reconnect as a couple and so do you. Jenna will be fine and you will to!

Adam and Samantha said...

You'll have so much fun! Jenna will be just fine. Just enjoy yourself!

Brooke said...

you're going to have a great time! enjoy your weekend