....or a GIRL! Really, that is always the case right?
Once again we are saving the gender surprise for delivery day. We had an ultra sound scheduled for Dec. 31st that was rescheduled for last week. At that time in 2008, I was feeling weak, and thought about finding out. But come this past Thursday, I was strong, kinda. The ultra sound tech respected our wishes- but asked if we wanted to look around, and see what we could find anyways. Neither David nor I answered, but it turned out that our sweet baby is modest. Cute little legs were curled up and crossed so tight, that the sweet thing didn't want to be found out just yet. David and I had discussed this very early in our relationship, that it would be fun to wait. With so few real surprises in life, it's fun to have one. While part of me would love to know, most of me is more excited to wait. People ask, 'Isn't it driving you nuts not to know?' or 'How are you going to plan?' or 'I think you're crazy', none of this really phasing me. It's not driving us nuts. It's fun to talk about either possibility, and most importantly, it saves me tons of money. This way I can't buy all those so cute outfits at Target on the sales rack. My baby room decor is all gender neutral, and still so cute I might add. I don't need to paint a nursery. Yes, I know that it is difficult for you all to shower me with gender specific gifts and offer your name suggestions- That's okay. If it's a boy, we could always have a party after he comes for you to ensure that he doesn't have to wear Jenna's pink hand-me downs. If our Jenna gets a little sister (born in opposite seasons so will probably still need some new clothes), partying with probably also happen.
Don't all babies deserve a party to celebrate?!
A baby shower does not have to be a solicitation for gifts, but more of a celebration. That's what I've always thought at least. But I guess we will see. In May. So I allow you to join us and- WAIT! Only, what, 17 weeks to go. :)
Fun Fun
5 comments:
mom is sure it's a girl, but we will all find out soon enough! PS Jenna was GREAT with mom this weekend! She was soooo sweet and was having a blast!
Very exciting! I think we might try it for our next one...maybe, if I'm strong enough! Jenna will be such a good big sister! You better blog about your weekend!!
One thing won't be a surprise- that child will be loved. And that's what's really important. I'm sure it seems like forever to you, but I can't believe you only have 17 more weeks to go!!!
I *will* wait only if you call me asap just like Jenna! Only I hope to be home so I don't have to call you backonly for you to be in the shower:)
Good for you! I just did a post all about the whole everyone asking if it drives me crazy and I think that when you are the one that makes the decision it really doesn't. It makes it all that much more fun. I do get annoyed with the same questions and the somewhat rude comments about not finding out like you are crazy I could never do that! Well, I may be a little crazy but hey who isn't.
Post a Comment