it all sums up for a wonderful weekend.
we left early friday morning and headed over to san diego to do a session
at the temple. WOW! the temple is amazing!
my parents took us to the open house in 1992, so i hadn't been inside
since i was ten, and dave had never even seen it.
we were in awe the entire time- it is beautiful!
i missed my jenna desperately the first day, and a little the next; but after an
hour long massage (for only $30! dave got one too), hours at the pool,
and plenty of carne asado, i realized i was having a great time.
dave loves the ocean, so he was all smiles all weekend.
this is the view from our balcony. the resort is beautiful! you can walk right to the beach.*if you have a passport, we would love for you to come with us. we could bbq and have a great time! all our the rooms have 2 bedrooms (one king bed in one, and 2 twins in the other) with a sleeper sofa, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. we only ate out for 2 meals on our 3 night there, and were able to cook/ reheat for the other meals.*
it was so nice to sit and listen. we read and just sat alot this last weekend.
and i just barely got to see them. wow!
surprisingly not as anxious as normal for it to disappear.
the first morning we walked about 2 miles down the beach and across the pier. the weather was fantastic! who would have thought to visit the beach in january!? but because it was the off season, there were no crowds. it was great. the pool and beaches were never crowded. it was sunny and clear most of the day, and we were able to spend many hours in/ by the heated pool.
jenna had a great time with her grandma and grandpa. she was a doll for them and they were sad to see her go. i was glad that we didn't hit any traffic past the border- the 6 hour trip home seemed to take forever for me! i wanted to squeeze her so badly. she showered us with just the right amount of hugs and kisses upon our return... and i can tell she is just as happy to be home with her mom and dad as her mom and dad are to be home with her. dave mentioned last night as we finally made it all the way back home that jenna did look different after not seeing her for nearly 4 whole days... so he was kinda beginning to understand what i was so worried about. :)
maybe i won't wait 15 months to leave the next one...
maybe i won't wait 15 months to leave the next one...




9 comments:
aggh- i just spend ALL of nap time posting that! enjoy :)
Sounds like fun! I can't wait to hear about it any Sat is good for a girl day but this one the kids have a meet your teacher brunch. Or we could go later on Sat.
Looks lovely! Glad you had a good time!
so happy to hear that your trip went well! (and the ultrasound too) Going away from and missing your kids just make seeing them again all the sweeter.
I know all about the vacation beard, and I'm like you - I found that I came to like it a lot more than I thought I would too. Looks like a beautiful place...maybe we can join you next year :)
I was at the San Diego Temple open house as a kid too. Our family's first anti-Mormon literature experience. Glad all is well with baby and Jenna--and you guys too. We need a vacation badly!
I am so jealous! I want and need a vacation so bad. I feel the same way about leaving Benjamin too. I get so sad to leave him. The longest has been over night and I have left him for a couple nights with Mike. It is always hard and I call a million times.
how fun! That resort does look beautiful and relaxing! I'm jealous. I'm glad everything went well with Jenna!!
thanks for sacrificing precious nap-time for us. I'm glad I got to hear all about your trip. Sounds wonderful!
Wow, I feel more rested and relaxed just reading about your vacation! If I have to keep living vicariously through my siblings, you're all going to have to go on more vacations!
Post a Comment