i was able to do my visiting teaching the other day, which was great. when my partner and i both go, we have a totally of 7 kids in one house, so lessons are short. i got to prepare, and if you haven't read this months message, you totally should.
anyways... the message is all about scripture study; it's importance and different ways to do it and blessings that come from it.
this got me thinking about how i should be spending more time studying my scriptures. i find time to blog, update my facebook status, and read novels, why not make time for scripture study. it was then that i got this clever idea to start a daily scripture study blog. good idea huh? if i had a few people work on it with me, we would have something to read each day, or at least some direction to follow.
well, as it turns out, someone else had my idea already. at least 4 people. i found these great links.
Small and Simple
Testimoments
Visiting Teaching Surprise!
Family Home Evening
check out the following sites. i might still start my own too. we'll see. are you interested in reading it or helping out? i think it could be fun, and a great way to keep us on the right track each day.
6 comments:
I think it is a GREAT idea!! I would love to help out or read it.
Me too! Me too!
I think it's an awesome idea, it's so hard because it is something that everyone puts off, if we are all working together it will become interesting! I'm glad you do visiting teaching.
Count me in. I vote we do our own and Heather is in charge! Carolyn
Great idea! I could use some variety!
good idea Heather. Whatever can help with this is a very good thing
Post a Comment