so on saturday we were all hanging out at dave's parents house to wish andrew luck at basic training. (5 of his siblings were there, including 9 of our nieces and nephews.) ella was showing off her latest skill- singing primary songs. she started with 'I am a child of God' and it was super cute. dave was right next to me as she was singing and instead of saying '..with parent's kind and dear...' he said '..with parent's kinda weird'. i thought that was the funniest thing! apparently, he hadn't just made it up-
had you ever heard it sung that way?

now everytime we sing this song with jenna before bed, i'm going to think of the
WRONG words.
4 comments:
That must be a Scott thing, because I hear those words in my head every time.
It is a Scott thing, however I don't think we came up with it. We must have heard it somewhere. That's how I remember singing it at every Family Home Evening. Boy, we were twerps.
Kenzie says "with parents kind of dear"
I have never heard the other way
I have never heard of that before...but, it's hilarious and made me smile. :)
Post a Comment