Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dear Jenna,
Thanks for the good night sleep.
I forgive you for walking out on me at 8,
and then again at 8:10, 8:15, 8:30 and 8:35pm.
I forgive you for crying your little eyes out
and getting me all wet.
Overall, it wasn't that bad, right?
Thank you for giving me a chance,
even if you were forced into it.
See you in a few minutes for nap time.
Love,
The 'Big Girl' Bed

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute and creative.

Susan said...

I'm not just commenting because of your fb status, although it was a reminder :)

Sounds like a tough transition, but I'm sure after a few more nights she'll have forgotten all about the crib...right? I'm sure it's a bit of jealousy. Is Adam using the crib now? I'm not an expert at sibling rivalry though - Caroline's spoiled that way!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

right now we are telling Jenna the crib is 'broken' since we took it all the way apart so she couldn't sleep in it. it's been 3 nights, and 2 naptimes and she's done just fine. i mentioned this morning about fixing the crib for Adam and Jenna immediately responded by saying, 'No, Jenna's crib'. Uggh- - I guess we will have to wait another week or so.

Karen Scott Welker said...

Ever thought of painting the crib, so that Adam gets a "new" crib? I don't know if that would work. I don't remember what happened when we tried to transition our kids. That was before blogging days.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I plan on putting the bumpers in along with the mobile and 'Adam's stuff'- my mom suggested moving the room around, so that everything is in a different place, and it's like a new room. we'll see...

The McLemore's said...

Jenna is too stinkin cute, what a silly kid! love her to death!

Savana said...

Hope it goes well. I never thought that would be so hard for a little person!