I subscribe to A LOT of craft blogs. A while back I saw a give away for one of the houses from this Etsy shop. Hello?! Isn't that like the cutest thing ever?! So I was excited when this blog started the 'Felt House Along', with step-by-step instructions.
Once again, I found myself at Joann's picking up supplies. :)
I bought this plain card table at Walmart....
and about $25 bucks of various felt colors at Joanns'....
spent about a GAZILLION hours of thought and work...
All for this!
I love it. But most important, Jenna loves it. She wants to live in it.
It is not quiet as cool as my sketches... because {I've finally figured out that}
my imagination is much greater than my skill level.
I wanted it to be a castle, but couldn't figure out how to make the top look like a castle.
Oh well- draw bridge door, enchanted dragon, adorable birds... get it?
I love the dragon. I did him first and then copied the birds from another house
I saw online. It really took A LOT of time and frustration, but
I'm happy with it. I love that I can fold it all up most of all!
Once again, I found myself at Joann's picking up supplies. :)
I bought this plain card table at Walmart....
spent about a GAZILLION hours of thought and work...
All for this!
my imagination is much greater than my skill level.
Oh well- draw bridge door, enchanted dragon, adorable birds... get it?
I saw online. It really took A LOT of time and frustration, but
I'm happy with it. I love that I can fold it all up most of all!
23 comments:
Aaaaah! I LOVE this! It's amazing! Give it to me!!! Thou shalt not covet, thou shalt...Give it to me!
Ugh, I just need to tell you, I am so completely infuriated that I am going to have to make this, and it will NEVER look that cute, and I'm far too lazy to put that kind of effort into it! INFURIATED! THE FURY! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!
Wow! That turned out amazing! great job!
Awesome! Leah should be jealous... The best I ever got as a kid was a sheet draped across some dining room chairs!
SOOO cute!! I may have to try this or pay you to make it for me;) I lovethe dragon he is too cute. If I were Jenna I would want ot live in it too
This looks absolutely great, Heather! Not only am I impressed with your skill, but also with the outburst you've gotten from Leah. If you really wanted to make some castle walls that extend upward, maybe you could attach some felt to plastic canvas or cardboard on all four sides. Each side be could fold down for storage, but would stay up by having a little piece that could Velcro across the corners or something? Maybe?
That is the cutest little playhouse I've seen! Wow! You did an awesome job. You should be so... very proud of yourself. My youngest is turning 2 on Easter Sunday and I'd love to make her one of these! Hummm.... time? plans? IDK? I wish I could pull it off somehow! Thanks for sharing.
Jenn :)
www.5andahighchair.blogspot.com
You're a stud. I'm jealous. Mad skills.
Thanks for letting Rich and Abby play in it with Jenna. Hope they didn't cause in permanent damage. Super sute good job Heather.
That is SO CUTE! I love the dragon and the birds! SOOOOOOOO adorable! : )
I stand in awe. Fantastic job. No, really. Fantabulous!
wow, that's freaken awesome! Your getting close to inspiring me to try some crafts, now we both know that's takes A LOT of inspiration!!
Oh I LOVE it!!! I had no idea you were so crafty. I would love to do something like that, but I might have to settle for playing with yours the next time we visit? :)
wow, great job - and that only took you a week?!?
Thanks for all the compliments ladies! I've been planning it for a couple weeks (sketching and re-sketching, dreaming...), but didn't really get started until Sunday. The lady with the Etsy shop sells them for upwards of $150+! After working on it, I totally understand. I think it would be really, really neat to have one that can go over the dining room table. I would be bigger, and you would have no table to put away. Maybe in a couple years...
Okay you have convinced me. After seeing all the cute projects you have done with your sewing machine over the last few weeks I am now convinced that I want one...no, need one. Keep showing all your projects so I can copy them when I get my sewing machine.
Great job!! I love it and am sure Jenna and Adam will have hours of fun in it, So glad you are enjoying your machine, and did I mention, Great Job!!
I LOVE IT!! um you need to sell them, so I can buy one! You did an amazing job!!
That is so cute Heather! Wow aren't you miss crafty!! I should take some pointers from you. It turned out really nice. I bet Jenna and Adam just love it.
I love it. I can only imagine how much time it took, but it was totally worth it. That dragon is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
Wow, that is really impressive! I love it. Unfortunately, I don't like sewing :( and that makes me kind of jealous because then I can't do cute things like this.
Uh, 21 comments? That's the big league! That's major proof that your work is awesome!
I know there's a ton of comments but I had to make one too. That is seriously awesome.
Post a Comment