Thursday, April 8, 2010

i would like to take a leave of absense

...but dave said no.
honestly, i just need 4 hours for a nice, long nap!

kids are sick around here. for the last two nights, they've both
gotten up MULTIPLE times.
i'm guessing adam is teething.
jenna is all congested and feverish.
last night she was crying because she couldn't
breathe. poor thing! after i finished rocking adam
to sleep, i sat with her in the bathroom with the shower
running.
it was nice to cuddle with her and comfort her.
this morning, when she came into our room closer to 5 am,
dave got up with her.
our girl is miserable, and in turn, this mom is tired.

yesterday, after lunch:
i was cleaning up and had yet to turn a show on for her- i turned around and found her sound asleep. it only lasted for 40 minutes, but i thought she looked so little and sweet.

this morning:
i found her in her dads chair, with tissues and juice. i put dora on, and she turned into her happy self again (until she coughed, and cried because it hurt).

to sum things up- i'm tired.
maybe i'm put on a pretty face and get out of the house today.
or maybe we won't.

5 comments:

The McLemore's said...

poor J! Makes me sad she's sick! I dread the day Ammon gets sick :(

Lisa said...

That is such a sweet picture of Jenna. She must have been exhausted. I hope those kiddos get better asap. If you need anything let me know!

Susan said...

Awww. Sleeping Jenna is adorable. I'm so sorry they're sick - that's the worst. I hope it doesn't spread to you and Dave. Is it allergies? I always got that in the spring in AZ. Here's hoping you get some sleep soon!

Sarah said...

Tell Jenna that Auntie Awesome is saying prayers that she will feel better soon. The ONE good thing - when they are sick, it's a few less "All by myself!s" Good luck, mom - you can do it!

Darin and Elaina said...

Oh that is rough. I hope the kiddies get better soon so you can rest. Take care.