Saturday, May 8, 2010

birthday numero uno

 

IMG_1031 I totally copied my friend Shelly with the title of this post. I didn’t just copy her title though- she inspired Adam’s birthday shirt. It was the first freezer paper stencil that I did, and I am now in love. Adam started the day with his well-check at the doctor. He was sick earlier in the week, and because of that, has been even more cuddly than normal. He did NOT want the doctor to look in his ears, and got very upset. Waiting for the nurse to come with his immunizations, I gave both kids a cookie to help them wait. That’s when I snapped this ‘pants-less’ pic. He weighed in at 22.5 pounds, which I’m sure would have been more if it hadn’t been for his sickness induced ‘diet’ earlier in the week.

 

   The rest of the day, I spent on my feet getting ready for the party we were having. I still had cakes to decorate and things to set up… but it was all worth it. We had Eegee’s subs and chips for everyone. Delicious! I made the cakes and cupcakes and think they only turned out ‘okay’. But it all tasted good!

IMG_4589IMG_4587 IMG_4588

  I didn’t plan too much in way of games- and it worked well. The kids enjoyed having the playground right there, and loved bubbles and chalk. Adam enjoyed watching his cousins and being outside.

IMG_4595     IMG_4592 Doesn’t he look happy?IMG_4593

   

  He enjoyed opening presents with the help on his cousins, and of course Jenna. IMG_4600IMG_4606

  And of course, cake time! He tried to grad the candle a dozen times, but I’m grateful we avoided a burn. He didn’t know what to do with the cake either.

IMG_4609IMG_4610 

  We tried squishing his hand in it, but nothing. IMG_4613

  We tried to give him a little taste of the icing, but that didn’t work either. It wasn’t until I sat down with him and took a bite myself that he tried it. He didn’t make a mess at all! Maybe next year :) IMG_4616

  A big thank you to all those who celebrated with us! Grandma, Grandpa, Grandpa Bud, Uncle Joe, Aunt Brooke, Uncle Andrew, Brandon, Caleb, Baby Eli, Kailee, Evyn, Ella, Auntie Bekah, Richard, Abby, Auntie Katee, Auntie Rissa, Baby Ammon- made for a good time!

10 comments:

Adam and Samantha said...

How cute! I love that shirt!! Totally adorable! Sorry we missed it, but it looked like it was a good party, those cakes looked yummy!!

Stephen, Britney, Ellie, Lila, Andrew, & Marcus said...

The cake and cupcakes are adorable! And I love the shirt! :) Britney

The Wilker Family said...

He's adorable! I think the cakes and cupcakes turned out super cute!

Karen Scott Welker said...

How come they only make messes when you don't want them to? We'll be there for birthday "dos".

Susan said...

Looked fun - wish we could have been there! I think the cakes look awesome. Happy Birthday Adam!

Brooke said...

that boy is too cute! way to go putting together a fabulous party

Leah said...

Um, you have a lot more ambition than myself. He's a cutie pie!

sb said...

Everything looks great, especially the shirt! I love the black/white combo as is true to the original Uno cards, but I'm still a dissenter. Happy birthday to Adam!

Moeller Family said...

Holy moly! How is he a year already? It seems like I just saw you guys at the hospital. You have such a cute family! Time really does go by way too fast, doesn't it?

Lori Knobel said...

He is such a cutie! And, by the way, those cakes are MORE than just "okay" !! Silly girl! Totally adorable! Looks like a fun time!