Saturday, May 15, 2010

halfway through may

   It’s been a pretty fun week around these parts. Dave’s been sick (with a yucky chest cold), but we haven’t let that slow us down too much. A friend of mine burned her hand pretty badly and has it all wrapped up, so we spend a few days helping her with her little girl. Oh what fun Jenna and Adam had as part of a trio! One day, we invited ourselves over to another friends house, and Jenna got decked out in her princess gear. She was in heaven! I snapped the following picture when I explained that it was time to go and that she needed to take off the dress::IMG_1037 She was crushed, but eventually recovered.

   On Friday night, we again celebrated Adam’s birthday at one of our favorite diners, Little Anthony’s. They give a free dinner to the kids on their birthday (we signed up and received a post card in the mail) and make a cute to-do out of the entire event. We’ve taken Jenna for both her birthdays, and have decided to make a tradition out of it.IMG_1039 IMG_1038

   Adam didn’t know what to make of the song, but he was excited for the whipped cream ice cream sundae. The wait staff snap a picture for us to take home, and pose with a cute girl on each cheek to give the birthday boy a kiss (for girls they have boys kiss them). That was when our Adam lost it. The picture we have as a souvenir has him hysterically crying as both of the waitresses have already backed away. Silly boy! They asked if I still wanted a copy- I said ‘of course!’.

  Saturday came and was a day I’ve been waiting for for weeks! We were traveling to the Gila Valley for the Temple Open House.  Jenna was excited to be going inside, because we had told her that only big kids and grown ups could go into the Temple. She did NOT want to wear the booties that they slipped over her shoes, and insisted on being carried through the tour, but she was reverent. When asked what her favorite part was, she said the baptismal font and then the cookies. :) We packed a lunch and had a picnic on the lawn just after our tour, before we walked back over to take pictures. Jenna just wanted to run and play in the grass, and Adam swiped a rice krispie treat as soon as he could.

IMG_1040 IMG_1041 IMG_1042 IMG_1043 IMG_1046 IMG_1047

   It got hot quickly in the noon day sun- so we didn’t stay out too long, but did manage to take a few pictures of the beautiful Temple. Jenna climbed up on the planter and said, ‘Take a picture of me!’

IMG_1048 IMG_1049 IMG_1050 IMG_1051 IMG_1052  IMG_1054 IMG_1055  IMG_1057 IMG_1058   

   And here is a lovely picture of my forever family at the Gila Valley Temple. Such a beautiful day! IMG_1062 IMG_1063

8 comments:

Rob and Sara said...

Love the family picture! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Katy B. said...

Hello from MMB!
I went to see the temple this past week too! So beautiful!:) I loved the celestial room. Although, I felt kinda bad because I had my 5 month old with me and of all the places he decided to spit up in that beautiful place....he chose that room. Luckily, I was able to get most of it out of the carpet.:) I know Heavenly Father understands, right?:)

The Wilker Family said...

Those are great pics of your cute little fam!!

Susan said...

So glad you guys were able to go and enjoyed it. I'm a little jealous that everyone gets to see it but me!
And I LOVE Little Anthony's - we used to go after every choir concert. Sounds like a fun family tradition too!

sb said...

Yay for Gaslight and Little Anthony's! Although it's always freaked me out a little that it's GRANDMA Tony's pizza.

Brooke said...

Cute pictures at the temple - and Adam's little birthday moment is so cute - makes you wonder what is going on in their little heads to see all those random strangers singing to him

The McLemore's said...

I love seeing all my friends and sisters blog posts of there families in front of the Gila Valley Temple! It's beautiful and an awesome place to take the family!!! Good memories!

Lori Knobel said...

That pic of Jenna is hysterical! So tragic! =) And your temple pics are super-cute! I love to see the Temple!