Thursday, May 20, 2010

water girl!

IMG_1068      I have been keeping my eyes open for classes around town, but they all seemed super pricey- especially since she’s only 2.5 and I would probably have to be in the water with her anyways. A former swim instructor, friend and fellow mom from the neighborhood (who’s kids are similar in ages to mine), mentioned that she wanted to teach her daughter in a class setting, and wanted a few other kiddo’s to make it more official. She had lots of interest- and so we get to spend 30 minutes 4 days this week and next in the pool, for FREE! The deal is that we hang onto her little guy while she’s in the pool, which is a fun trade off when there are 5 of us moms to pass him around. Jenna’s been excited to go each day this week, even when the wind was blowing and she was freezing in the water. She’s hesitant to try some of the techniques, but she still does them. Every evening when Dave’s asking her what her favorite part of the day is, she’s quick to answer, ‘Swim lessons!









IMG_1070IMG_1073

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love that it is getting warm enough to go swimming. Although I can relate to Jenna about the water being too cold. It's difficult for me to get in when it's less than 80 degrees.

Rob and Sara said...

I love the sunglasses. She is just too dang cute!

Mayhem no longer said...

I'm glad she likes it. Hopefully it will warm up and we will have a lot more fun next week!

Porter and Karla said...

how fun! is this friend thinking about doing it through the summer or offering more classes? if so please let me know! e mail me karlaadorespink@gamil.com ...im sure little miss jenna and elizabeth would become fast friends:) they could share stories about their challanges of having wild little brothers haha:)

Susan said...

Yay Melanie!
I'm actually doing the same thing starting in June. Should be fun!

Sarah said...

She's darling!

Lori Knobel said...

She looks so cute and stylish!! Swimming is so much fun! It's finally starting to warm up here enough for swimming. Yay!