as mentioned before, i am still learning when it comes to sewing. but i still love it! there is just something cool about making something!
my dear friend sara is expecting her first in a few weeks. she showered both my kids with all sorts when they were born, so i was anxious to return the love now that it’s her turn.
(sorry about the weird lighting, but here it goes)
i had some left over minky from a blanket i made for jenna- so i turned it into a taggie/softy. dave’s mom made me a similar one for adam and it was the perfect size to tuck around him in his car seat.
i’ve been searching left and right for a tutorial for the ideal changing pad that i have envisioned. well, of course i couldn’t find just what i wanted, so i used ideas from a few different options and came up with this::
i tried my hand at machine quilting, and was very happy with the results. i might try it again sometime and *actually* publish a tutorial. maybe.
THE blanket. how fun is it to make a blanket?? i love the prints and the lace around the edges::
and of course, burp cloths. love having lots of burp cloths, and they are so much more fun if they are pretty.
15 comments:
You HAVE been busy! Those are beautiful!
Jealous! You are totally doing better then I am with the sewing! I haven't sewed anything since before Ammon was born and I never made anything as nice as what you have!!! I need to make more burp cloths, you might need to post a tutorial so I can figure it out! Love you and you're awesome!
beautiful work Heather! AND I love Adam's pictures, he really is so adorable. I was watching him last night and couldn't resist trying to pick him up and play with him as soon as I walked in the door. I loved seeing him break into a cute smile. AND good job on the couponing. I am still back and forth on whether it's worth my time but I have to admit that it is a great feeling to come out with some good deals. AND ... well, I love reading your blog :)
I love all of it!! And I know someone having a baby in Sept that could use some cute boy stuff;)
And I have been useing coupons for FREE stuff for 7 years now if you want tips let me know!!
I LOVE your sewing projects - you are getting so good! I'm jealous. I'm not sure if it's me or my machine, but sewing is just not working out for me lately!
Everything turned out so cute!! Will you be my mentor? :)
I LOVE all of them!! So adorable and even more thoughtful that you made them!!
You are totally awesome. Those are the coolest presents ever.
You are so talented and I am dang lucky I got all those amazing gifts! :) Thanks so much!
You've really picked up this sewing thing quick (that, or else you were totally bluffing when you said you were a novice just a couple of months ago). It looks all looks great! And I love minky. I think I need to make myself a taggie blanket...
Bee-you-tee-full! You have mad skills. Lovely, gender-specific things. Adam and Jenna are much more forgiving than Audrey. I try to sew anymore, and she is in my lap. Now you should teach yourself how to alter clothing - then you could make some big bucks! Love you!
Love it! It makes me want to learn to sew!
over from MMB
keepmovingforwardwithme.blogspot.com
Cute stuff!! I made some curtains and crib skirt when my daughter was born. They turned out alright, but I think that'll be my last foray into sewing for a while! The sewing part was easy -- it was the getting my machine to work (and keep working!) that was the hard part! I admire your skills and ability to do it on your own! Love the softie with silk ribbons, especially.
Love that changing pad! Everything is adorable!
What nice gifts! You are creative and talented to come up with some things that are unusual, cute and useful all at once!
Post a Comment