Monday, July 5, 2010

fourth of july 2010

I’m almost positive that I’ve said before that 4th of July is my favorite holiday. It is. Dave’s too. We like the consistency of it, and the fact that we don’t have to buy anyone presents :)

We always get to spend the day in Sierra Vista with Aunt Kim and Uncle Ken. Fun Fun! With the Fourth falling on Sunday, we changed things up a little. No early morning golf game for the boys and afternoon in the pool for the cousins, but we did have a nice lunch before staking out our spot to watch the fireworks. Dave made beautiful sub rolls for the sandwiches and I made a couple desserts. I really wanted it to have blue jello for a festive Jello cake, BUT I couldn’t find any at our local Fry’s-- so we went with Red Raspberry (today at Walmart we found a box of Berry Blue Jello). I made a yummy cream cheese frosting, and Jenna helped me assemble the decorations on top. It tasted delicious!IMG_4692 

There is no evidence of the Thumbprint Jam Cookies (with my homemade Jam) I made. They disappeared. I will be making them again though, and sharing them. They are now my new favorite non-chocolate cookie.

Here’s Adam ‘playing’ with Baby Eli. Aren’t they cute in their patriotic outfits?

IMG_1200 

This is where Jenna is happiest- playing with cousins. Disregard Caleb’s lack of clothing… they were in the dryer after an incident.

IMG_1206

Here’s the whole lot of us

IMG_1216

**The four of us in our Red, White and Blue for Independence Day 2010**

IMG_1218

 

Uncle Andrew and Jenna playing toss. She would not pose for a picture the entire evening- too much fun to be had and running around to do.

 

IMG_1219

Adam hanging out with Daddy chatting with Grandpa Bud.

 

IMG_1221

This little one of ours loved the glow sticks.

IMG_1226

But he loved Noelle’s lollipop more.

IMG_1235

Both kids loved the fireworks show and we all enjoyed the cool weather. At the end of the night, I needed a coat! Such a great escape :)

The end of the night…

IMG_1241

Hope yours was as lovely as ours :)

5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh how fun! I missed you all this year a lot!

Lisa said...

What a fun weekend with family. Jenna is such a good little helper. I bet all those desserts were super yummy. :)

Brooke said...

SO FUN.

Leah said...

Yay! Fourth of July IS the best.

The Wilker Family said...

Love the fireworks in Sierra Vista!! Great pics of the kids!