i signed jenna up for her first ballet class. it's a pre-dance class for 3 and 4 year-olds that one of the sisters from church does out of her home. i got on the wait list since our jenna is not yet 3, and learned on monday afternoon that she still had space for us to start friday (today). yippee! so i had 3 days to get a leotard and ballet shoes.
we went to twice-as-nice for the leotard, and all i could find were long sleeve ones. hello?! it's a thousand degrees out so there is no way i'd make her wear long sleeves. no problem when you have a few sewing skills.:) i bought the $3 leotard and with a quick snip and stitch- whala! the ballet shoes were another story. we went to 3 different stores to find her size- and i refuse to admit out loud what ballet shoes cost. ridiculous. i had made her this tutu last fall and she hated it. i removed some of the tulle and trimmed it a little and now she's in love.
jenna has been talking all about 'bal-la-lay class' and was excited when i dropped her off. adam did not allow us to sit quietly and watch for more than a few minutes, but when i came back, she looked a little sad and was just sitting while the other girls were dancing. i asked her what was wrong and she just said she was tired. i hope she loves it over the next couple of weeks... but we'll see. either way, she looks cute as can be!
i did mess up and take her to the 10am class when she's suppose to be in the 10:45 class. oops. we'll get it right next week--
6 comments:
Goo, I totally for got that I wanted to look into a ballet class for little miss. Oh well, have fun. She's adorable. Obviously.
That is so cute!! She looks adorable and I love how she says ballet!
She looks so cute!!!
Totally cute. Way to go on saving on the leotard; I've heard that ballet shoes are ridiculously expensive. Too bad you can't craft some of those!
How fun. She looks so cute!!
Oh she looks so pretty!! Such a cute little ballerina! Angela started ballet on friday too! (as you saw on FB) =) I have been wanting to get her into dance for a couple years now so we were BOTH thrilled when we actually did. I could only find long sleeve leotards too! I thought it was weird but Angie insisted she wanted the long sleeves. *shrugs* Oh well. Hooray for our darling ballerinas! =)
Post a Comment