Tuesday, August 10, 2010

random pics and current thoughts that are in no way related

   Since we’ll be leaving on vacation at the end of this week, I figured I should get some blogging in now to tide you over (wink, wink). AND since no one likes a photo-less post, I added a few from last month that I had forgotten about.

   Jenna’s first slip-n-slide experience::

IMG_1264 IMG_1265 IMG_1266 

   She was so funny about it, and only figured it out after her little friend went first. I slid her around on it a few times too…

   Adam was not at all interested in walking in the soggy grass, and spent most of the time fussing at me and the other moms from the porch, like this::

IMG_1267

   Enough with the pics, onto the thoughts.

*I hate mopping my floor. It seems that my kitchen, laundry room, and bathroom floors only get spot cleaned. Gross, right? I could vacuum all the live-long day, but I hate mopping/swiffering. Except the stairs. Those are a chore to vacuum. That’s one of those chores that goes under the ‘monthly’ category along with reorganizing the pantry.

*David and I are in love with Netflix. We bought a Roku box around Christmas time, and almost always opt for an ‘Instant View’ selection over watching live tv. We’ve been watching shows from Great Britain (Doc Martin) and our favorite is McLeods Daughters from Australia. It ran for 8 seasons, ending in the spring of 2009. We are currently watching season 7. Crazy the amount of time we have vested in the characters, but we love it. Okay, I love seasons 1-6 and am not so much loving the current season, but we can’t just give up now, can we?! Jenna also loves Wonder Pets- and it’s pretty much the only show she’s watching now.

*We are driving to Colorado on Friday. We will stay with friends for a few days and then head up to Steamboat Springs, where the high temperature for this time of year is 74 degrees. Ahhhh… we might need our sweaters.

*I quit my health challenge at about the 4th week. Quit. I know, lame huh? I realized I wasn’t going to make it, so I simply gave up. I think it’s just too hot outside to exercise, although I do plan to get ‘back on the wagon’, so to speak, when it cools down. The double jogger misses us. AND I like sugar too much. And eating after 8pm.

*Adam can now open and close doors and turn on and off most of the lights. It’s adorably annoying (if that’s even a real term). I’ll be in the kitchen working on dinner and the light will go off, and then on, and then off. He thinks it’s hilarious. He is constantly finding and bringing me things from the pantry as well. And he’s climbing on everything. Jenna thinks it’s fun too give him that little extra boost to get up on our bed. I don’t. I do think it’s cute to see the sense of accomplishment on his sweet face.

*I am seriously considering Freezer Cooking. I subscribe through Google Reader to LifeasMom.com and have been very impressed with the ideas of frugal living. Since we have a deep freezer, I think this could be a great way for me to save time, energy and money in the food area. Yes, it does sound like work, but I think If I start off slow, and work my way up, it’ll be great. *Hopefully* I can blog my adventures. We’ll see.

*I love my husband. Without going into much detail, I just want to say that he’s fabulous. Recently, I needed to talk. That kinda talking where I needed him to tell me that I’m right and not being irrational. He is always so great at making me feel good, but also at helping me see the other side of the situation. I’m so grateful for his willingness to talk things through with me. AND I’m gratefully that he’s so level headed and rational about human relationships. Because I’m sure we would be in big trouble if he was as emotional and sensitive as I am. Big. Trouble.

*A few days ago, we decided to give up on potty training for awhile. Jenna was just not getting the #2 part, and it was starting to frustrate all of us. So we gave up. Diapers for a few days, and you know what? She’s had not one accident today. Let’s hope I didn’t jinx it, but I think we might be onto something. David and I promised that she could pick out new panties if she went a week without any #2 accidents. She wants Diego panties or Racecar (Cars) ones. Do they make those for girls? Or will my girl be wearing boys briefs? Is that allowed?

*I got my new glasses today. Have I mentioned that I hate wearing glasses? I do. I hate the way I look in them, but since I need them to see anything in the distance, I wear them. The eye doctor said that Lasik was not an option for me, since my prescription is not strong enough. Boo. I don’t think I would be able to part with the $$$$ to pay for it, but still, I would love to not wear glasses. Even these new ones, that are rimless, still annoy me. *sigh*

*My sister moved to Alaska. She’s been stationed 20 minutes away from us for the last 4 years. We had our little girls within weeks of each other. We’ll miss them. ALOT. We said goodbye Sunday and it was sad. Even Dave got teary, which NEVER happens. Love you guys and look forward to visiting you sometime in the next few years!

7 comments:

sb said...

Hooray! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates mopping and, ahem, doesn't really do it. Truth be told, we don't even own a mop and the Swiffer just doesn't do much. Out whole downstairs is tile. And it's usually dirty. How does Adam get to the lights? Is he really that tall? Crazy! And it's totally fine for a little girl to wear boy briefs. Who really cares? My cousin mentioned getting her girlie some boys' underwear because Toy Story was a lot more motivating to her than Dora. Whatever works is cool. Yay for vacations! I hope you have a fabulous time and the kids are well behaved. We're not ready to vacation with our girl, as even just the little family trips are miserable with/for her. And, BTW, I totally agree with Leah on your status discussion. There seemed to be some harshness going on and I'm impressed you were so calm in your responses.

Adam and Samantha said...

Have fun on your vacation! We totally do the netflix thing to and we LOVE it, maybe a little too much! Oh yeah, way jealous of Hawaii!! We've been trying to go for over a year now, have fun, are you taking the little ones??

Leah said...

I hate mopping. I once a month it, swiffer between, and, yes, I just vacuum the kitchen all the time. I really don't know why I hate it so much, but I'm glad Millie stopped army crawling because the cloud on the onsies sure gave me away. :/

And I LOVE freezer cooking. And I gave up my walks. Okay, pretty much I agree with the whole post. Sorry about your sister, though. I'm doing my darndest to convince ALL of my siblings to live by me. Wish me luck!

Mayhem no longer said...

As for mopping, I'll do yours if you come organize my pantry monthly. Mine gets done semiannually. Or when I am really avoiding doing something. Or you could trade for dusting. That is my number one thing to avoid. :)
Secondly, Cambria wore Thomas the Train panties for a while. Scott was mortified, my mother was embarrassed and I didn't care. Neither did she. They were her favorites and she only had one accident while wearing them. Anything for success.
Thirdly, you are WonderMom.
Fourthly, I have a few recipes that freeze well, but find some more and we'll trade. Or, my sisters and I used to make huge batches of three meals each and then swap. Interested?

Susan said...

I will now have the WonderPets theme song in my head all day.

Oh, and vacuuming the stairs is the worst - almost as bad as cleaning the oven. Grr.

Brooke said...

I think your glasses are cute :)

Mommie Babekah said...

I absolutely hate Mopping too it's a daddy job. He traded to get outta of mowing the lawn which he hates and I love. We miss you guys already.