sorry for failing to mention any updates on david’s heart. he had his cardiac ablation on friday. we got to the hospital at 11, and he was scheduled to go in for surgery at 1. he said good bye to me around 12:30. at 2, a nurse came to tell me they were running behind and had not even started yet. at 3, another nurse came to tell me they were finally ready for him. at 5 the doctor came out to say they were done and he did great. at 5:15 a nurse came out to say that they weren’t actually done, and needed to go back in. at 6:30 the doctor said they were really done and that i could see him in 10-15 minutes. at 7 i start to freak out. i have now been pacing the corridors for nearly 7 hours. i had eaten far too much junk from the cafeteria and vending machines. i had read all the good magazines and attempted all the sudoku puzzles in the waiting room. i was stressed and just wanted to see my husband. by 7:15, i’m really freaking out. at 7:30 the volunteer at the desk finally called to the recovery room and they let me in. *deep breath* there is my husband! it was a rough night waiting around the hospital, but i was able to take dave home at about 11:30. it had been pouring rain for the last few hours, and it was fun to drive home and see all the flooding. by the time we got home and settled, we were in bed just before 1 am. it was a very long and stressful day for both david and me, but he’s been recovering as expected. he rested much of the weekend, with me taking the kids to the family baptism and to church on my own, but he was up for a full day at work on monday. he comes home tired, but he’s officially able to lift the kids at the 5 day mark, which is tonight! yippee! i’m anxious for the help at bedtime. thank you for all your care and concern. we definitely felt the prayers working.
3 comments:
Heather! I had no idea he was even going in! I am so glad to hear that everything is okay! What were they fixing? I'm right with you, I would have been freaking out waiting that long! Hope he continues to recover wonderfully!
Wow! What a stressful day. I'm glad to hear recovery is going well. We missed you at swimming today. :) Britney
oh my goodness! Making you wait that long is just CRUEL! I'd definitely be having some *words* with someone about all the confusion and waiting! I can understand if they are behind, other patient emergencies, etc.... but to keep changing their mind as to whether they're really done or not... sheesh! Not cool!
Either way, I'm so super glad that he is doing so well. BTW, your new blog layout is ADORABLE!! Where did you go to get it? Is thecutestblogontheblock.com still out of commission? I had tried the new template designer thing here on blogger and couldn't get that to wrk for me either. Grr! I wanna change my blog around but don't have any idea how to do it! I would really love your help! Thanks and happy to hear you're all doing well! =)
Post a Comment