Thursday, November 4, 2010

another birthday

   Last year, for my birthday, the only thing I told Dave that I wanted was a day off. He took the day off, and helped drastically with my ‘mom duties’ throughoutIMG_1777 the day- it really was the best gift he could have given me. A few months ago he let me know that he already had my birthday off of work, so to let him know how I wanted to spend my day. Since our trip to Hawaii, I haven’t needed much ‘date’ time with the hubby, and have really enjoyed just spending time with my little family. I did want to go attend the Temple, but didn’t want to leave the kiddos for too long. David made arrangements with his cool sister Karen for her to hang onto our kids for a few hours while we went to the Temple. We got to participate in couple sealings and family sealings, which really was a super awesome experience. I had our picture taken as we were leaving, and my eyes are closed. Nice. In my defense, the sun was low and bright RIGHT IN MY EYES. Not the best picture, but I did want some photographic memories of what I hope can become a birthday tradition. We returned to get the kids, and they were not there. They were out with their sweet Aunt at the park, so we took some time to change and relax before they came in. They had such a great time- Adam didn’t fuss at all.

   We wanted to spend some more time in Phoenix while we were there, and I have been wanting to check out the new Sea Life Aquarium. We headed that way, and Adam fell asleep in a second. Jenna was complaining that she was hungry, so we figured it was a good idea to eat first. We hit the 5 and Diner, mainly because their window advertised 99cent kids meals.IMG_1778        Jenna was happy and Adam was too, once he woke up, AND the food was pretty good.IMG_1779

IMG_1781

  Then over to the Aquarium! This place is so neat, albeit a little pricey (We had a coupon that saved us $15 and still paid $35 to get in). Adam loved being able to run free, and since we were only like one of 3 families there on a Wednesday evening, it worked out great. IMG_1782

   He did want to swim in the tanks, but we made sure to keep him close.IMG_1787

   I would highly recommend Sea Life to anyone that wants to entertain their family. You can come and go, so it might be a good idea to go first thing in the morning, do some shopping at the Mills, and then come back in the evenings when the crowds are small. IMG_1788 IMG_1791

   We loaded up in the car and headed home just before 7. Jenna was asleep before we hit I10, since she was pooped without a nap on this exciting day. Adam didn’t take too long to sleep either. Dave and I had a great chat on the way home, and we were all tucked warm in our beds by 10pm. It really was a great birthday. 28. That’s kinda a big deal right? I hope to publish a more profound post in the next few days- hope being the key word. We ran out of time for cake and candles and singing yesterday, so we plan to make that work tonight.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Happy belated birthday, Heather! That sounds like the perfect way to celebrate 28. We love doing sealings to celebrate our anniversary (coming up on 6 next month!) Time goes by way too fast, but I intend to milk the crazy old lady thing for all it's worth, so at least that gives me something happy to look forward to. :)

Sarah said...

Lovely!

Lisa said...

I"m glad it was such a fun day for you! I can see why you all were in bed by 10 though. Busy Busy, but a fun day of memories. :)

Karen Scott Welker said...

We will watch your two precious kiddos anytime. Especially if I am publicly called a "cool sister" and "sweet aunt." Hope we can do it for your next b-day, if not sooner.